what's this connector called?

I'm trying to find something but I don't know what it's called. What I'm looking for is a means of permanently connecting two PCBs. It's basically just a row of 1" long bare solid 22 gauge wires, held in position by a spacer. Sort of like a pin header, but with longer wires and not as beefy.

I can find flex cable jumpers, but I'm looking for something somewhat rigid - as rigid as a row of 22ga solid wires, anyhow. And I'm hoping this will be inexpensive: < $1 each, for 20 positions, in qty 100.

If anyone knows what these are called or who makes them, that will be a help. Thanks!

Reply to
Walter Harley

beefy.

this

Sounds like a standard 'Straight Single Row Header', 0.025" . unshrouded ? shrouded ? Header , square pin? Breakaway Retention Header ... Molex, (Amp)/Tyco

The length of 1" is going to be special order from the factory. Look at Mill-Max? Samtec? maybe Mouser tech support?

Comm Con has 2 sizes , 0.025" & 0.020 Round , round like a wire?

Con Comm will make you a 1" long pin, it's all in the part number ordering, call Con Comm

It would be god to get an EITD, electronic ind. tele. book,

EN

try wire wrap headers, maybe get some surplus wirewrap 40 pic ic sockets and cut em up.

jim dorey

Those look very good. They're not quite the same as what I had in mind, but they would work just as well or maybe even better, and the price is right. Thanks!

(And thanks also to Jim D.; ripping apart some 40-pin wire-wrap sockets is a great idea for my prototyping, although I don't really want to do it for production.)

Reply to
Walter Harley