What's this kind of terminal called?

is an inverter. If you select the second picture, you'll see the DC input terminals. They unscrew so that a spade terminal such as this can be connected

But what's the term used to describe the terminal on the device?

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

binding post

Reply to
Nik Rim

Thanks.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

:

Meat Plow

Binding posts.

They sometimes also will accept banana plugs in the middle of the post, like these do:

but use of banana plugs for high current applications such as your inverter is not recommended.

Reply to
Gloria West

Yes.

After Nik told me what they're called I was able to to find some in an online catalogue. All my previous searches for screw, terminal and connector, and combinations thereof, had failed to find them.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

RS Catalogue Red Terminal Post 738-418 Black 738-402Good for 63 amps 60volt dc

Insulated terminal 30 Amp Various colours

All on Page 2758 latest cat.

John G.

Reply to
John G

Yes, they're not difficult to find, if you know what they're called.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

t, like

verter

volt dc

I was taught many many years ago that "binding post" is the American name for what we Brits (and hence RS and Maplin) call a "terminal". (Maplin goes half way across the Atlantic with "terminal post".) So you also need to know where the questioner is.

Chris

Reply to
chrisj.doran

Sylvia showed a picture of a 'male' binding post.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Google is your friend, if you know what term(s) to type in. If not, it's a frustrating experience.

Reply to
Gloria West