OT: Ghostscript, won't install

However,

Every one I've dealt with. Secretaries get new computers with all the RAM and a fast CPU, while engineering gets the outdated junk. Failing hardware, slow hard drives and 90% misconfigured software that barely functions. Een worse is when they attempt to repair the hardware. I have a used outlet strip that came from a local company, where the IT department wrapped a paper clip around the switch terminals.

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

However,

am

It went right over your head. :(

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Hi Jörg,

Just ask them to convert the Files to pdf for you, I'm suer they will do it without any comments.

Marte

Reply to
Marte Schwarz

However,

am

Did you notice that I said that the other programs do not crash? So what's any IT department got to do with it then?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

However,

Looks like you've dealt with the wrong companies then. I never experienced or saw such problems.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

They already did. PNG would of course be better but PDF is ok.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

least

However,

I am

buy a

I give up. You're too damn pig headed to listen.

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I suspect Michael deals with companies that have rather less spare cash than many you deal with? Consultants are a bit of a luxury for many companies? :-)

Reply to
Joel Koltner

PS/PDF support vector, which scales almost infinitely.

PNG is just raster.

                                       (Richard Feynman)
Reply to
Fred Abse

Just because they have someone working IT doesn't mean that they are competent. It's all some can do to clone the configuration of all the computers. They can't solve real problems, or deal with dozens or hundreds of different configurations.

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Most of my clients are small companies and start-ups. Some have an off-site contract guy run their IT and I have to say, those folks sure keep the place humming. I don't know what companies Michael gets into but it sure sounds like they made some bad decisions in the IT area.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Yes, but for schematics it's near poifect :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Really? Zoom in to a single CMOS device and try and read the attributes. ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

Spice is like a sports car... Performance only as good as the person behind the wheel.

NG=1 M=1 L=3u W=0.4m

Good enuff?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

File size? ...Jim Thompson

                   Spice is like a sports car...
     Performance only as good as the person behind the wheel.

106k. 20 devices on there, plus some gates and the usual glue stuff.

I may be cheap at times but I think I can spring for this much disk space :-)

Heck, who needs PS?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

I thought the original question was HOW to process PS?

Sooner or later you'll have to address Mentor or Cadence output in PS form.

I went to a Mentor seminar this morning just to keep in touch with their tools... their heads are still up their asses... and the lunch was lousy :-) ...Jim Thompson

                   Spice is like a sports car...
     Performance only as good as the person behind the wheel.

Didn't you say it was something like a HyperLynx seminar, though -- where they're catering to mostly digital guys who typically don't have much of an analog design background?

But do tell -- what kind of head-up-the-ass sorts of things were they touting?

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Koltner

HyperLynx displays coupling and signal interaction between PCB traces just like you can simulate in PSpice, or any other Spice for that matter.

(?) They evaded addressing how you model a board.

See (?) and I saw no capability warranting the expense.

In researching for a recent IBIS modeling job, I believe that AMS modeling is the wave of the future. ...Jim Thompson

          Democrats are best served up prepared as a hash
                Otherwise the dog won't eat it :-)

It was, but it turns out that it really is a pain in the neck with PS. So, we'll just take the easier route for now with a better suited file format.

Or they have to change to something more contemporary :-)

[...]