OT: Ghostscript, won't install

That their IT department is incompetent?

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I usually stuck with the fonts that came natively with HP printers. You'd find those at pretty much every client. But when doing publications it didn't matter, IEEE and Elsevier and the others insisted on using their fonts and wanted plain text or MS-Word files. No Postscript.

Very early on I had an industrial quality daisy-wheel printer for high quality stuff. Downside was it also had an industrial noise level.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

I have looked and saw numerous complaints about people getting invalid file format messages when trying to import PS into Corel Draw, and also font errors.

Chance are we'll be using PNG and then all those problems go away.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

I doubt think their IT department has anything to do with writing Acrobat.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

However,

Woosh!!!!!!!!!!

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

However,

Wot's wooshed?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

IEEE seemed to want LaTeX at the time (late '80s), didn't they? :-) I thought it was only in later years they began accepting Word documents...

Reply to
Joel Koltner

"Rather clear" is a sample-of-one :-( ...Jim Thompson

                   Spice is like a sports car...
     Performance only as good as the person behind the wheel.

NDA me, then give me the file :-) ...Jim Thompson

                   Spice is like a sports car...
     Performance only as good as the person behind the wheel.

I'd have to take a look, I think I began with publications in 1986 and then sort of stopped in the 90's because IEEE became so restrictive. Initially they wanted plain ASCII text, then the started to prefer Word. At least that's what they told me. Mostly iontophoresis stuff and medical, I don't know how they handled it in the RF area. I guess each editor-in-chief had some freedoms there.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Nope, engineers at clients told me the same thing. It's like with Orcad where some folks said "Yeah, don't give any software to Joerg" and then, later ... "Dang! It also crashes on me all the time". Well, I fixed that problem by pulling the plug :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Then my client will have to shoot you :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

OK. Let's take a vote. How many people can replicate Joerg's crashes ?:-) ...Jim Thompson

                   Spice is like a sports car...
     Performance only as good as the person behind the wheel.

With an NDA? I can pass NDA-protected stuff to my employees. ...Jim Thompson

                   Spice is like a sports car...
     Performance only as good as the person behind the wheel.

Usually yes, but not in this case.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Aren't they all?

Reply to
krw

Not at all. At my last employer it was one guy plus a helper, keeping a

300+ company humming. And he did it very well. Maybe because he rides a Harley-Davidson to work and someone said to me with those you either are rich or you have to be a good mechanic. Very nice motorcycle. And loud :-)
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Just talked with the client, didn't seem to like the idea of sharing. They also have issues with printing over there so, hear, hear, I am not the only one. But we'll ditch PS for PNG, that fixes it.

BTW it is not Cadence, it's Mentor.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Going to their hyperlinx seminar in the morning... to give 'em a ration of you know what ;-)

As to your file sharing... whine whine whine ;-) ...Jim Thompson

                   Spice is like a sports car...
     Performance only as good as the person behind the wheel.

However,

With OrCad? ;-)

Acrobat? I haven't used it in years. Too much of a pig.

Reply to
krw