OT: Gas price

Tell that to the many Toyota owners who blown their engines in less than 100K miles.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

Den tirsdag den 25. august 2015 kl. 18.12.00 UTC+2 skrev Jim Thompson:

ok, my mistake I've only ever seen it with 270

I have no idea, I drive a van with a 1.8

only really an issue if you have a large turbo

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

A Lexus is just a Toyota with fake-gold plastic trim.

My 2001 frontier Pick-em-up truck has a 2.4L 4-banger. ...Jim Thompson

what did they do to them? drain the oil?

the biggest risk with a Toyota is that you might die of boredom before it stops working

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

"Overall, 73 percent of people who bought health plans and 87 percent of those who signed up for Medicaid said they were somewhat or very satisfied with their new health insurance. Seventy-four percent of newly insured Republicans liked their plans. Even 77 percent of people who had insurance before ? including members of the much-publicized group whose plans got canceled last year ? were happy with their new coverage. The percentage of uninsured has dropped dramatically, from 20 percent down to 15 percent, with an additional 9.5 million fewer people now uninsured."

The only thing people don't like about Obamacare is the Obama part of it.

Reply to
sms

Somewhat. At least indirectly, because their policies affect the price of crude.

The low crude oil prices are clearly largely the fault of Obama.

  1. Domestic U.S. production has skyrocketed during his presidency, up
72%. The U.S. is now the world's largest oil producer. So much domestic supply has helped create the current glut.
  1. Higher standards for vehicle fuel economy have reduced demand and helped to create the current glut. With the recovering economy, new car sales are way up, replacing less fuel-efficient vehicles.
  2. The multi-nation Iran accord means that Iran will soon be producing and selling oil again, increasing the supply even more, and driving down prices even more.
  3. The stronger dollar means that oil is more expensive for China to purchase, leading to lower demand and greater supply, which contributes to the current glut.

While the low prices benefit consumers, they are not making OPEC, the U.S. oil companies, Russia, Venezuela, etc., very happy.

The number one priority for the U.S. oil industry is to find a way to boost prices. The solution is obvious. Elect a Republican president.

A war with Iran, a faltering economy, a weakened dollar, and less domestic production are things that only a Republican can accomplish.

Why do you think Republicans oppose the Iran deal and are making up such ridiculous stories about it? Because a deal with Iran will keep oil prices down. But the oil futures markets have already priced in the likelihood of an Iran deal because there is no way the Republicans in congress can over-ride a veto by the president.

If I were an oil company executive I'd want to do something about Donald Trump because if he wins the Republican nomination then a Democrat will win the presidency in 2016 which will mean lower oil prices for a long time.

Reply to
sms

Buy an electric car and some solar cells if you live in California. Get with the program.

Reply to
sean.c4s.vn

Well most anyway! Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

The most obvious solution is to allow the sale of U.S. produced crude on the world market.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

I beg to differ, my Jeep with its 290 HP V6 runs much better with 89 or more.

I don't get ping with the cheap stuff but also, I don't get very good output which turns into low Mpg.

The cost difference of Mpg for me is a better deal using higher octane. With my round town driving I get like 10-12 Mpg using the cheap stuff, yes the figures are correct. With 89, I get 16-18 Mpg and on the highway there is a greater difference.

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

.com:

:

e:

he good fuel

s like

The

uel,

n 100K miles.

Worst than that. They are cooking the oil. The newer toyota engines are h otter and lighter (i.e. plastic cover). The engine oil get cooked into slu ge and when the cooling system malfunction, the engine is toasted. The slu ge and plastic blocks further cooling by the engine oil. Some cars got exp loding engine with flying nuts and rods as a result.

True 20 years ago. Not anymore. At least for certain models.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

You seem to be BRAIN WASHED !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I won't feel sorry for your kind when the walls come crushing down on you.

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

You misspelled "despite". Obama is the one who wants to shut down drilling. He's the one who won't allow the pipeline, even though his stooges have said it's just peachy.

Of course fracking has nothing to do with the "oil glut". If he could, he'd end that too.

Of course fracking has nothing to do with it.

No, the price is more or less stuck where it is. There is a rather hard regulator on oil prices now. Fracking.

Of course fracking has nothing to do with it.

You sound like that's a problem. I can understand why you're weeping for Venezuela (your kind of folk) but oil companies?

Yeah, open more oil fields. That'll raise prices! Well, we know what your economics education is like.

Weakened dollar? Do you live in Colorado?

Why? Because Iran with a nuke won't be pretty for either party.

You really haven't the first clue.

Reply to
krw

That is in the works, though at least Valero is opposed to it. It dates back from the Nixon administration and the 1973 alleged oil embargo.

It might make sense to ship Alaskan oil from the port of Valdez over to China.

Reply to
sms

Wait a minute! Some post a quote from 8 years ago where Obama said he thought gas prices should be high to discourage use, to rail against the idea that we should have anything other than low prices (mostly railing against the idea that we should allow prices to rise in order to institute any form of preservation of the environment).

Now you are criticizing Obama for the current low prices of oil and gas??? So which is it, Obama is bad because he thought oil/gas prices should be high or Obama is bad because he is blamed for the current low prices of gas/oil?

Oh, I get it now. I fell for it. Lol

I agree that Trump is mostly helping the Democrats, but I'm not sure a Democratic president will insure low oil/gas prices. I think Spehro shows it right.

--

Rick
Reply to

US crude can't be sold on the market? Even if that were true, any oil we pump reduces the oil we buy and so still affects global oil prices in the same way.

Are we still pumping oil into the ground for our strategic oil reserve?

--

Rick
Reply to

Yes.

Yes, but force WTI to be lower than Blend.

No, we are not, but China is.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

I bet it has a thing called a gear shift. It's just an automatic one with numbers in a row or does it have buttons to shift up and down? I can't imagine a $60,000 car without being able to control your gear.

--

Rick
Reply to

There is so much you don't understand about cars. You also can't seem to figure out if octane makes gas "good" or not.

--

Rick
Reply to