OT: Gas price

With oil at $1, wholesale gas at $1.8. Can't believe we are still paying $4.5 in the west coast. Drove to Arizona to fill up at $2.9. Still expensive, but OK. Will drive to Texas to fill up my personal tanker.

Question: Is it illegal to smuggle gasoline across state line for personal use?

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

We've been paying ~$2.40 (it's been a slow climb).

I suspect the issues you'd face are:

- evading (destination) state taxes

- a "legal" means of conveyance (safety)

- (legally) storing it once you got there

Reply to
Don Y

I thought it was a _privilege_ to pay that much for gasoline... after all it's Californica and it's such a wonderful place... abundant water dumped into the ocean to benefit some worthless species of already extinct fish... high speed train to nowhere instead of building reservoirs or repairing roads... and LGBTQW-favoring government... enjoy... Moon Beam's office has already been notified of your anti-social intent >:-}

(I average about $1.50-$1.60/gallon... if I buy up to $1K worth of groceries at Fry's I get up to $1 off per gallon at Fry's/Circle K/Shell gas stations... I drive less than 400 miles per month... working from home ;-) ...Jim Thompson

                    Age gets better with wine!

Fine, i'll be commuting between San Francisco and Las Vegas, detour to AZ and TX to fillup. Please notify the Las Vegas DA for my intention. I am there to see Justice Court Judge Bita and District Court Judge Jerry. No problem seeing another Judge.

PS: Yelled at Judge Bita in court. "This is 500 days of Unlawful Detainer and i don't have the F*ing right paper?" Court Bailiff signaled me to stop. BTW, deadbeat volunteer to leave after the hearing.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

"Detour" to TX ??? What good is cheap gas is you use it all up?

I've done more than my share at yelling at judges... but I always win ... sued three defendants... been sued three times... won all six, plus awarded attorney's fees and my opponents fined by the court... last time $5k to the court and $5K to me >:-}

(Sounds like your problem is representing yourself?) ...Jim Thompson

ying $4.5 in the west coast. Drove to Arizona to fill up at $2.9. Still e xpensive, but OK. Will drive to Texas to fill up my personal tanker.

rsonal use?

Z and TX to fillup. Please notify the Las Vegas DA for my intention. I am there to see Justice Court Judge Bita and District Court Judge Jerry. No problem seeing another Judge.

Good enough if i fillup 50 to 100 gallons. Currently, i only have 20 gallo ns portable tanks. Lookup for additions of couple of steel tanks from junk yard. I just need enough to do 2000 miles round trips.

er and i don't have the F*ing right paper?" Court Bailiff signaled me to s top. BTW, deadbeat volunteer to leave after the hearing.

Well, i won off-the-record eviction.

She didn't do her homework, it's all in the computer, as confirmed by her c lerk. I have Order to Show Cause, Motion to Appear for unprofessional beha vior (of the court implicitly), Order to Remand. Motion to reconsider OTSC and Request for Trial Setting. What paper does she want? Order from the S upreme Court? She will get it eventually.

Next step is Motion to Remove to District Court and Motion to Appeal to the Nevada Supreme Court if denied.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

Wouldn't a hit-man be cheaper ?>:-} ...Jim Thompson

paying $4.5 in the west coast. Drove to Arizona to fill up at $2.9. Stil l expensive, but OK. Will drive to Texas to fill up my personal tanker.

personal use?

er

ter

o AZ and TX to fillup. Please notify the Las Vegas DA for my intention. I am there to see Justice Court Judge Bita and District Court Judge Jerry. No problem seeing another Judge.

llons portable tanks. Lookup for additions of couple of steel tanks from j unk yard. I just need enough to do 2000 miles round trips.

ainer and i don't have the F*ing right paper?" Court Bailiff signaled me t o stop. BTW, deadbeat volunteer to leave after the hearing.

r clerk. I have Order to Show Cause, Motion to Appear for unprofessional b ehavior (of the court implicitly), Order to Remand. Motion to reconsider OT SC and Request for Trial Setting. What paper does she want? Order from th e Supreme Court? She will get it eventually.

the Nevada Supreme Court if denied.

Hitting whom? I want the deadbeat to be alive, working and paying me back. I am fighting the court more than the defendant. No need to do harms to the Judges. Just annoy the H*ll of them. Judge Jerry does not want to see me again. Love to see his reaction to read my motion to remove to his cou rt. If they want to avoid pests like me, fix the system.

Yes, i learned from the hit man. They have gas tanks hocked up to do 3000 miles to have breakfast in New York and do their job in Arizona at night. Gas price is not the issue.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

It's a pleasure to drive through Big Sur, or Mendocino, or the Sierras, or Oregon at $4 a gallon. Having driven clear across Texas and New Mexico and Arizona and southern CA, avoiding some things is worth a little expense. Traveling to Truckee, we can spend more on a nice lunch break than on gas.

We don't drive much; Mo and I are both about 3 miles from work. So gas doesn't affect us much. A serious daily commute would be a drag.

lunatic fringe electronics

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Bad idea. Due to the addition of ethanol gas goes bad quickly so you can't store if for a long period. Besides that even $3 per gallon is a steal compared to other countries. I guess they sell gas at a loss in the US because even $3 per gallon doesn't make up for the manufacturing costs.

Reply to
N. Coesel

It's a bigger pleasure to drive with two Austrian girls from Berkeley, Santa Cruz, Big Sur, Santa Bara, San Diego, then head to date with Judge Bita in Las Vegas. The girls help with gas money, but i would have done it for free.

$4 is OK, but $2.5 (TX) is much better, since i can't always find girls to pay for gas.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

I don't get the $4 price tag. I can see some variation in prices, but that seems very extreme. It is $2.40 about here lately and coming down a bit.

--

Rick
Reply to

Me too, except for the Las Vegas part. Horrible place.

Everybody should drive Highway 1, from San Diego to Oregon, once in their life. A week or two is about right; there's stuff to see along the way.

lunatic fringe electronics

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

I am not storing much, only enough to use locally in CA. Much of it will be used on the trip. Wholesale gas sell for $2. They are claiming $2.5 to ship gas from GOM to CA. I am just using my own tanker, rather than their tankers.

Actually, Tuscon,AZ seems to be good enough. I will not spend a single dime in Nevada if possible, until this is resolved.

It costs $200 to hire an attorney to see the judge, or burns 50 gallons of gas.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

You haven't been to the West Coast lately, right?

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

Where did you get that birdbrain idea? Europeon gas prices are mostly taxes. Except for Californica, the Left Coast and the Eastern State "Peoples Republics", gas taxes are ~20% in the US...

AZ 37.4 cents CA 65.98 WA 55.9 NY 62.86 PA 70

Last I heard Exxon doesn't sell gasoline at a loss >:-} ...Jim Thompson

A difference of $0.30 in taxes doesn't explain a $1.50 difference in sales price.

--

Rick
Reply to

It's pure and simple. Wholesale gas is $2. That's the cost. The rest are taxes, transport fee and profit. Exxon takes $2 per gallon loss???

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

You don't know about the price gouging in the west coast? Exxon burns one of their refinery to limit supply.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

Consider what you just wrote. If they shut down a refinery to limit supply, the *Wholesale* price of gas would rise. You have already said the wholesale price was $2 everywhere. Even so, why would they only do this on the west coast? Why not the entire US?

I would like to know why they continue to ship gas to the rest of the country when they can make so much more in CA!?

--

Rick
Reply to