OT: Gas price

Why does government need an increasing percentage of the larger and large economic pie? Mikek

Reply to
amdx

What is the sound of one hand clapping?

--

Rick
Reply to

We pay $5 in Poland. Happier?

Best regards, Piotr

Reply to
Piotr Wyderski

Most of the price is tax... Happier ?>:-} ...Jim Thompson

On Thu, 30 Jul 2015 16:41:59 +0200, Piotr Wyderski Gave us:

Isn't that per liter? Hehehhe.... j/k

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Thu, 30 Jul 2015 07:57:15 -0700, Jim Thompson Gave us:

Bullshit.

Re: Re: OT: Gas price By: Piotr Wyderski to snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com on Thu Jul 30 2015 16:41:59

PW> We pay $5 in Poland. Happier?

we pay 1.23$ .liter 4.92$ /gallon

... Extreme boredom serves to cure boredom.

Reply to
spacesst

Yes, exactly. The thread imposed the imperial units, hence my approximation of $5 per gallon, exact up to

1.6% of the value provided by you.

Best regards, Piotr

Reply to
Piotr Wyderski

Yes, it is a well-known fact. The exact amount of various taxes is 64.54% in the case of gas.

Not quite... ;-(

Best regards, Piotr

Reply to
Piotr Wyderski

But you get some government services out of the tax. We don't get much service from big oil, not even at the pump.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

Stop whining and get a life. ...Jim Thompson

On Thu, 30 Jul 2015 11:06:17 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com Gave us:

Sure you do, just like 'picking up the soap' in a jail shower setting would get you.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

1.23 per liter is $4.65 per U.S. gallon or $5.58 per manly Imperial gallon.

--sp

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Stop kidding, Edward, please...

Best regards, Piotr

Reply to
Piotr Wyderski

Yes, but of course, your government services are as good as ours. LOL.

Am i dreaming or gas price here came down significantly lately? Some less than $3 in San Jose today. Perhaps the oil companies are taking my threat (transporting my own gasoline) seriously. They are moving their gouging ta rget to the mid-west. I.e: from XOM to BP.

Or perhaps they are trying to unload the summer gasoline before Sept 15.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

Well, they do "service" us.

Oil went under $40/bbl yesterday, I believe. Gas should be under $2 but hasn't moved (here).

Who knows what they do in CA.

Reply to
krw

ss thanb $3 in San Jose today. Perhaps the oil companies are taking my thr eat (transporting my own gasoline) seriously. They are moving their gougin g target to the mid-west. I.e: from XOM to BP.

When i first posted this 3 weeks ago. SF, CA gasoline was $1.50 more than Phoenix, AZ. Today, it's more like $0.50 to $.75 more. We can only be jea lous of your low $2 gas, but $3 is much better than $4.

Duopoly supply and price manipulations. There was no real shortage, of cou rse the regulators are too blind to see it.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

No, I meant that it hasn't moved here. It's currently about $2.50/gal. It *should* be under $2.00, with $40/bbl oil.

That's why oil is under $40/bbl? No, you have to look no further than your politicians.

Reply to
krw

$40 a bbl is $1.27 a gallon for crude. I needs to be transported, refined, transported again, stored, pumped, taxed, and sold, at under a 2:1 markup. Gas is cheap.

lunatic fringe electronics

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

L.

less thanb $3 in San Jose today. Perhaps the oil companies are taking my threat (transporting my own gasoline) seriously. They are moving their gou ging target to the mid-west. I.e: from XOM to BP.

an Phoenix, AZ. Today, it's more like $0.50 to $.75 more. We can only be jealous of your low $2 gas, but $3 is much better than $4.

It will be under $2, when they switch to the cheaper winter gasoline after Sept 15. My point exactly, no where else got the spike up and down for the past month as in the SF area. Transport cost? We have a big refinery clo se by.

  1. > >>

course the regulators are too blind to see it.

Our local politicians contribute to the $0.50 premium. The additional $1 p remium was pure and simple manipulations.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee