1983 Sanyo 6400 Betacord VCR won't eject.

Why do you need to eject it? The only thing left on Betamax is Renee Everhart giving Jeff Liebermann head.

In that case you should press stop, then rewind and when it stops rewinding press record and wait till it stops recording.

Reply to
Phoena J

Yeah, but Renee Everhart's face is stretched and broken with age but her mouth still runs as good as new.

Reply to
Phoena J.

Player will play, ff, rewind, stop, pause, but no eject. Any advice?

Reply to
debsigg

Does it try? motor noise ? click noise?

Reply to
N_Cook

Zat top load or front load ? If it is front load it is likely a belt, once in a whaile the motor. the motors are fairly generic 12 volt types. I could also be the IC that drives the motor. If that is NLA a circuit can be made with transistors to replace it.

If it is top load, it is probably some little plastic piece in the mechanis m, that wuld need to be glued or something.

You could send it to me. there are not alot of beta techs out there anymore . I am in Ohio.

Sanyos alsohave this little eentsy teentsy belt on the idler assemlby that must be changed every time you even open the top of the thing.

Reply to
jurb6006

Everhart giving Jeff Liebermann head. "

That's on youtube isn't it ?

Reply to
jurb6006

Check the belts and/or idler-drive wheels. Chances are good that a belt which drives the load/unload mechanism has either stretched or broken with age.

Reply to
David Platt

Read the faq at

It may lack details for LCD sets, but it was done back when beta was still in use, so I'm sure the specific FAQ on VCR repair covers beta.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

Maybe someone should write soem pages on flat TVs. I was just getting into them and had a decent technique, and then the boss had a heart attact and c losed the place. The way the industry is now though, no matter how good you are you pretty much have to wait for someone to die to get a job fixing TV s.

Reply to
jurb6006

Or you could be a man, and risk starting your own business. Not likely to happen in your case. It takes brains, guts and the ability to manage your time. Not posting on Usenet, in a drunken rage.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Or I could draw to an inside straight.

Reply to