Florescent light bulbs?

No, but Reagan said: "Approximately 80 percent of our air pollution stems from hydrocarbons released by vegetation."

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

yeah something like that.

yes, but they're not more efficient than incandescent.

OTOH if there's a chemical process that produces light directly (rather than by incandescence) that'd probably be the winner.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen

He did claim responsibility for it though, which was absurd enough.

-- Keith

Reply to
krw

Cite! He did say that forests contribute to pollution, which is correct (see: Smokey Mountains).

--

Keith
Reply to

If you read the actual words, he claimed to have financed it.

Reply to
Richard Henry

In sci.math, jasen

wrote >> >>>>> No, warmer air due to lighting makes the thermostat kick on

Assuming the chemical can be produced with less energy than using incandescent bulbs, fluorescent bulbs, or LEDs. There is also the issue of feeding the reagents into the light, and discarding the reaction products.

The best I can do here is luciferin or luciferinase, an enzyme used by many animals (fireflies [family Lampyridae] probably being the best known, but presumably it's also used by deep sea creatures). Presumably the other reagent in the reaction is oxygen, though according to

other atoms are also involved -- the example shows calcium.

After the chemical produces light it needs to be "reset", presumably by additional energy input and/or another chemical reaction -- or more reagents added into the light bulb.

#191, ewill3@earthlink.net
Windows Vista.  Because a BSOD is just so 20th century; why not
try our new color changing variant?
Reply to
The Ghost In The Machine

well, authorised the finance, ultimately they were tax dollars.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen

I have watched people fill the auto gas tank. Despite all warnings I've seen men and women hanging onto a cigarette while doing so.

I think the 'if' in your sentence should be spelled IFF.

/BAH

Reply to
jmfbahciv

the

running

I'd go bonkers in your office. I always had the flurescent bulbs above my office taken out. I could see their flicker even though no one else could.

/BAH

Reply to
jmfbahciv

It was a fee which keeps going up and up and up and up. What was important about the bill he co-sponsored was to lift the wall between defense and commercial net pathing. Then the real work could begin.

/BAH

Reply to
jmfbahciv

Everybody needs solar power! It is very correct statement that CFL saves

80% power but they cost whopping 3-4 times the GLS lamps. Also the ones which save 80% have electronics ballasts and those costing 2-3 times have somewhat 'electrical' types. They save only 40% power. & slow to give full output. Whereas I used to switch on 40W bulb for dim lighting the room where I got the PC, now I use only 8W CFL and get better light also save so much power. In fact I have replaced all 'zero' bulbs (15W) with 5Watt CFL and they are good and truly ZERO! Many chinese devices are available which use these CFL and once charged for 8hrs give 5Hrs lighting for 6days! So now U know who needs solar !
Reply to
psdayama

I'm confused. Six of my days is more than 5 hours long. Am I in a time warp and didn't know it?

/BAH

Reply to
jmfbahciv

It existed before he was in congress. He lied (again), is the point.

--
  Keith
Reply to

Did you see in the papers where Merriam-Webster's word of the year is "truthiness"?

Reply to
Richard Henry

On 10 Dec 2006 09:35:53 -0800, in sci.electronics.design "Richard Henry" wrote: int.

anyone got an url for the colbert "truthiness" video? It's been un-youtubed

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

No video, but wikipedia has the transcript.

Richard Henry

In sci.math, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

wrote on Sun, 10 Dec 06 12:11:14 GMT :

There is some good news. The old movie cliche about tossing a butt into a pool of gasoline is just that: an old movie cliche.

However, under the right conditions -- the subtext describes a tube filled with pure oxygen and a few drops of gasoline, with an ignition source (a cigarette, natch) -- kaboom. But apparently it takes some doing, and while O2 tanks are available for medical use they're not all that common, especially when refueling cars. :-)

Not that I smoke anyway.

#191, ewill3@earthlink.net
Windows Vista.  Because a BSOD is just so 20th century; why not
try our new color changing variant?
Reply to
The Ghost In The Machine

What he said was carefully crafted to give the impression that he is responsible, while allowing plausible deniability. Therefore he is a liar.

--
Michael Press
Reply to

It takes an inifinite number, Since we valled flourescent lighting tubes for the simple reason so that moron bio-chemist retard wouldn't get shocked br the invariant frequency effects, and we called the connectors ballast pin-outs so that global warming moorons like Gore Quantum Crapola wouldn't confuse them with Nova Station Break Pinups.

Reply to
zzbunker

That's not a misspelling. It's a forcing function inserted lower case "U". (YOO is Swahili) for Physics Telsa Coil retards who can't understand how you spell "Uranium Hexa-Flouride".

Reply to
zzbunker