Florescent light bulbs?

Well, he *used* to be--if you can be known for being unknown, that is.

Yeah, and his music rocks, too! ;-)

--
"There is no excellent beauty which hath not some
strangeness in the proportion."  --Sir Francis Bacon

do you

where

In cae you missed the drift, the discussion has turned to the recurring mistruth "Al Gore claimed to have invented the Internet" and those who repeat that mantra out of ignorance, political inertia, or, perhaps, a feeling of "truthiness".

...the quality by which a person claims to know something intuitively, instinctively, or "from the gut" without regard to evidence, logic, intellectual examination, or actual facts...

Reply to
Richard Henry

do you

And where

Or perhaps because it sums up AlGore so nicely.

--
  Keith
Reply to

Senate

the

Well, he's obviously a fanatic. He's in the grip of some kind of witch's brew of guilt, angst, and ego superiority.

Mother Earth is going to do whatever Mother Earth chooses to do, and there's not a whole lot we can do about it - nor can we do anything about the cyclic solar variations, orbital perturbations, and so on, but Uncle Al seems to think that if he was dictator of the planet, he coult save the world from the sins of humanity, or some such fanatical claptrap.

The world will get along just fine, with us or without us - didn't She survive the immolation of the dinosaurs? ;-)

Actually, if he really wants to save the world, he should tell all of the politicians to commit mass suicide. ;-D

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

Heh. Well, you clearly know something about fanaticism.

I don't know what it is today, but the internet is amusing me left and right. (Or at least, right.) I must've gotten back in touch with my sardonic amusement bone.

This is one of the funniest things I've come across in a long time, a review of Thomas Friedman's latest book ("The Flathead", or whatever):

(I hope you physics/math/electronics types don't mind a bit of random thread-drift... we live by it over in alt.gothic.)

Reply to
Joseph Brenner

You are, perhaps, thinking of Arpanet.

Nope.

Being willfully obtuse, are we?

Why one might even accuse you of "lying" if one were fond of rhetorical over-statements.

Reply to
Joseph Brenner

And what are we to make of the people who insist on distorting what he actually did say?

("Liar! Liar! Liar!" My, politics is fun.)

Reply to
Joseph Brenner

Soon, someone at sed will start posting recipes in this thread.

Reply to
Richard Henry

I never heard him claim either that global warming was only caused by carbon dioxide or that carbon dioxide was more than one gas.

The rest of what you wrote is even more wrong.

--

FF
Reply to

Actually aerosols between LEL and HEL of deisel or baking flour will explode. Google for "grain mill explosion" if you do not trust me.

--
 JosephKK
  --Schiller

True but irrelevant. The temperature of burning tobacco is always enough to ignite gasoline vapors if the concentration is in the proper range. That range will vary slightly with the formulation of the gasoline, but not enough to be a significant factor.

What matters is the temperature of the gasoline, the temperature of the air and how much ventilation you have. At ordinary room temperature the concentration of the vapor above the liquid can easily rise past the lower explosive limit. Inside a gas tank, it will typically rise above the upper explosive limit so that a spark inside of a gas tank may not explode it.

In the open air the concentration will not be stable but will vary as the air circulates above the liquid.

Lots of people have been killed and houses burned down doing exactly what some guy above did. He's an idiot and so is anyone who believes that what he did was anything other than extremely dangerous.

--

FF
Reply to

Is that better? ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Well, the tomatoes WERE better actors, after all. That is, before they hit the sauce, of course. ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That movie was produced by Steve Peace, whose later big production (California Electricity Deregulation Act, written while he was a member of the California Senate) was much more of a horror show, without any (intentional) redeeming comedy.

Reply to
Richard Henry

Oh, GROAN! ;-)

I had a GF once, and when I rented "Amazon Women on the Moon" for movie night, she had a snit fit because she assumed it was some kind of porno.

Women! Can't live with them, pass the beer nuts. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise