Buying Greeenland

an

ions,

to anybody who would pay for them?

Trader4 sees a necessity. More rational observers would be aware that if th e Clintons had - in fact - done anything illegal, there are plenty of laws available to let one of Ken Starr's successors go after them.

ntons.

More specifically, they weren't written to create kangaroo courts to prosec ute politicians that right-wing nitwits didn't like. Ken Starr tried to abu se the system to get the Clintons back when Bill Clinton was president, and it didn't work then. Trader4 still hasn't got the message.

then your an Australian, so you're irrelevant.

The particularly stupid branch of American right-wing politics might share you demented delusions, but the rest of the country is a little more realis tic.

The individual Australian states have recently set Independent Commissions Against Corruption, who have been having a fine time. There's pressure on t he federal government to set one up for the country as a whole, but the cur rent right-wing administration doesn't like the idea and is putting forward a proposal to set up something remarkably toothless.

paid for giving them) . The idea that he would have lost that right becaus e his wife had become secretary of state is trifle bizarre. Trader4 has a l ot of silly ideas but this one is sillier than most.

Only obvious to Trader4.

Obama lacked faith in Bill Clinton's capacity to encourage North Korea to c hange itself into a law-abiding democracy? He clearly wasn't properly indoc trinated about the virtues of America's particular brand of democracy - whi ch may mean that he might have seen too many Americans who think like Trade r4.

That's Trader4's take on the situation. He's remarkably reluctant to contem plate the alternative hypothesis, which is that he's the stupid one here, d espite the overwhelming mass of evidence that supports it.

e kind of bribe to influence her does show a remarkable lack of respect for the office of the president of the US.

If looked at from Trader4's peculiar point of view.

bribe to somebody who knew the laws involved.

Trader4 spends a lot of his time rolling around the floor. He tells us that he's laughing, but more objective observers might diagnose neurological de ficits.

To Trader4, who sees any money paid to any non-right wing politician as a b ribe.

US law enforcement doesn't seem to share this point of view.

all sort of rules that don't actually exist.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

In fact the existing administration remains in power as a caretaker government. They aren't in a position to initiate new legislation, but they have all the other powers that they had when parliament (note the spelling) was sitting.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Whitewater was just an earlier incarnation of Trader4.

Ken Starr was never able to find anything worth prosecuting. Trader4 wants some kind of kangaroo court, but the US system hasn't been corrupted enough - yet - to deliver what he wants. Dan is just as silly.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

>                                 Dan
Reply to
Bill Sloman

ions,

to anybody who would pay for them?

You want a law that says the spouse of a government official is not allowed to work???

paid for giving them) . The idea that he would have lost that right becaus e his wife had become secretary of state is trifle bizarre. Trader4 has a l ot of silly ideas but this one is sillier than most.

In a country where two Supreme Court members have been accused of sexual mi sconduct I don't see much that would be considered an impropriety.

Huh? The entire Trump family and President Trump himself are getting riche r with Trump in office. You picked a poor comparison there. Trump never r emoved himself from profiting from his companies and has only stepped back from running day to day operations while still being the person responsible for it all and making all the money. Many, many foreigners who wish to cu rry his favor stay at his hotel while conducting business with the governme nt.

Then there are the companies the rest of his family are running under the T rump name.

Then there's the issue of Trump being helped into office by the Russians.

You are just so full of hate. I'm so glad I'm not like that. You can only see the facts from one side.

--

  Rick C.

  -++ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  -++ Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Rick C

"Without passports" will never happen, as one is needed now almost to SEE an airplane at an airport...

Reply to
Robert Baer

ARRGH! This is one of those times when Thunderbird does not display anything in your post, so I had to go to google groups and copy/paste.

I never thought it would last, I hoped it wouldn't last, I think it's just another welfare plan, (sheesh, making other people pay for your health insurance) and I don't need welfare. Oh, and I couldn't keep my doctor. Yes, it cost me over $30 grand, maybe more. I frequent a group with many millionaires*, they love the ACA. They tailor their investments to adjust their families income so they get maximum ACA subsidy. I'm a bit of a thorn in there side when I complain them taking the subsidy.

  • These are the type of millionaires that follow the theme, "If you have a million dollars and live like a millionaire, you won't have a million dollars for long. They live with a frugal k to k spending. There is no alarm clock in their life of freedom.

Funny, I get that the plan cost is $37,324, customer cost is $4292 and the taxpayers cost $33,022. Oh I see the difference, I'm using my situation, two parents and two kids.

Nope, I used my family.

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

"

f the

ium

)

that

es (different deductable and OOPMax) why would you go for the ACA plan? Wh at is different about the two?

Uh, in case you don't understand, that's what insurance is. You pay until you need care, then other people pay for you. What about that is welfare?

I guess you mean the type of insurance where the premiums are paid for by t axes? Ok, the difference is you don't get a choice in paying for it which means the only choice you get is whether you use it or not. Bottom line is many don't get medical care any other way. None of your objections mean s hit to me until you find a better way to assure everyone gets medical care.

You seem to want to make it all about you. I don't give a damn what you we re paying and what you pay now or what you will pay in the future. This me thod doesn't work. That's it. Simple enough? Oh, I forgot, you only care about YOUR medical care.

I don't give a damn about your BS millionaires getting the ACA subsidy. I seriously doubt they give a damn either.

The ACA isn't about them or you. It is about getting medical care for the other 20 some percent of the US who didn't have medical care before the ACA .

a single person making $57,000 a year and the ACA Silver plan would be $6,

333 a year. The Bronze plan is about half that. That page refers to an "a ctuarial value" which is the approx percentage of the total medical costs t hat would be paid for a "typical" user. For the Silver plan it is 70% for the Bronze it is 60%.

with these comparisons.

Still seems rather off. If one person can get insurance for $6000, why can 't four get insurance for $24000? Four times $3,000 is only $12,000 a year . You say $37,000, so something is still off.

It's time to get rid of the anti-competitive insurance companies.

--

  Rick C.

  +-- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  +-- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Rick C

Whoey Louie wrote in news:2e16bf8a-3795-4823- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Since NK's money is not recognized by any banks, how is it you think they were going to pay him? Gold bullion? Illegal Krugerands?

You get that off the did not go to the moon website?

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

John Larkin wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

It was a continuation of the theme, witisism whiner idiot. You must have a continuity issue there, unless you are the one making the joke, eh?

Old PCBs had issues with vias. The count was actually a consideration during the design cycles.

Continuity promiscuity. Any idiot could see the joke.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

amdx wrote in news:qkbv0q$h2p$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Bullshit.

33B to 1

You are an abject idiot.

Zero nations have that many folks. The entire planet does not have that many folks, idiot.

Your neural ratio with real men is 33 quadrillion to 1.

And it shows.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

The taxpayer subsidy! The subsidy is often 91.5% of the bill. I don't have the insurance but I help pay the bill. That's welfare.

It's not BS, plenty of pages on how to structure your passive income to maximize your ACA subsidy. Here's a line from this page about Obamacare, this was just after the legislation passed.

"I?ve also discovered that even millionaires will be eligible for health care subsidies. More equality is a welcome relief from the constant class warfare rhetoric and discriminatory policies we hear from Capital Hill."

And a little of the philosophy of how get the subsidy, "When it comes to paying income taxes and receiving health care subsidies, it?s generally better to be middle to lower middle class. The philosophy on Financial Samurai is to be wealthy but blend in with the crowd. Staying in the shadows is even more important as an early retiree because we are no longer contributing as much to society, yet we don?t look as old as we should which may anger some people.

The ACA numbers are dated, but it all about structuring your income, more importantly your MAGI to qualify for the subsidy.

I seriously doubt they give a damn either.

Well they do give a damn, that's why the are asking questions about how to reduce there MAGI, to make themselves qualify for the subsidy.

I think the number on the ACA is about 3.8%.

Try putting in a 64 yr old and a 60 year old and two kids 18 and 20. Nothing is off except the data you are putting in. I should have pointed out our ages, it makes a difference. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

There are conventions that are followed. Or at least there used to be.

Our system is in the throws of a full-scale nervous breakdown.

One of yesterday's examples...

Sajid Javid, the current chancellor of the exchequer You don?t deliver on democracy by trashing democracy?16 June No comment?Thursday and one of Javid's advisors has just been sacked by the unelected Dominic Cummings, without Cummings bothering to tell Javid. (There's more, but that's sufficient!)

Reply to
Tom Gardner

So the "death panel" was in the insurance company.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

I'm sure that most of them do. They's be silly not to, after all President Trump was not chosen by the people. he was chosen by the states.

I see no strong evidence of that is this your new favouraite strawman of something.

Jasen Betts

Hating Trump is a waste of time. So is being anxious about his antics.

He's clearly not up to the job, and not easily managed, but he in it until he is voted out.

is informative, if anything but comforting.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

:

ations,

es to anybody who would pay for them?

a's

ed to work???

And then you can't understand why I say you're stupid. It's not an issue of having a job, of working. It's having a spouse with a "job" that's a direct conflict of interest with your position. Again, if you were on the local planning board and a developer that was building a new mall, that needed zoning variances, paid your wife $10K for a speech and made a $100K donation to your family "foundation", what would you think of that? How about if Trump was doing it? And it wasn't just Bill's "job", their whole family was involved with the "foundation" as it shook down foreign countries, organizations, businesses, individuals that wanted govt access. The crowning achievement was Bill getting paid $500K for one speech in RUSSIA by the bank handling the sale of 20% of US uranium capacity to RUSSIANS and the foundation getting $135 mil in donations from the foreigners involved in the transaction. A deal that Hillary had to approve or disapprove. That pig Bill even wanted to go give a speech in North Korea and the Congo!

If you think all that is OK, that we don;t need laws to stop it, then you;re just totally stupid or a Democrat lib hack, or both.

et paid for giving them) . The idea that he would have lost that right beca use his wife had become secretary of state is trifle bizarre. Trader4 has a lot of silly ideas but this one is sillier than most.

.

misconduct I don't see much that would be considered an impropriety.

That's because you're obviously stupid and don't understand the difference between allegation with little proof and a long trail of proof of pay-to-pl ay, with the Clintons.

her with Trump in office.

From all that I've seen, that's a lie. Trump's properties are suffering, business is down, major companies dumped his product lines, Ivanka had to close her fashion business.

You picked a poor comparison there. Trump never removed himself from prof iting from his companies and has only stepped back from running day to day operations while still being the person responsible for it all and making a ll the money. Many, many foreigners who wish to curry his favor stay at hi s hotel while conducting business with the government.

And unlike you stupid, I will say right here that's a problem, it should not be happening. I won't defend it.

Trump name.

ly see the facts from one side.

ROFL!

It's quite the opposite as I just showed above. You;re the one who is the partisan Democrat hack, putting your party above the country and what's rig ht.

Reply to
Whoey Louie

Why don't you ask Bill about that? He was the one that wanted to give the speech in North Korea.

And obviously you're wrong about NK not being able to pay anyone, they do trade with other countries.

Wrong, always wrong.

Now would be a good time to claim you're a Republican again too.

Reply to
Whoey Louie

Nope

Don't know what that's about.

Check the mirror it might be you.

Did I say there was? I was being factious with regard to how many people we would need to support US if Denmark is supporting Greenland. The population of Denmark is 5.814 Million. The population of Greenland is 55877. 5,814,000 / 55877 = 104.05. So in order to have the same ratio of people as Greenland has to Denmark, we need to multiply the population of the US by 104.05. The population of the US is 327,200,000. 104.05 x 327,200,000 =

34,045,160,000. So, I was off by a factor of ten! So we would need a nation of 34,045,160,000 to foot the bill. Ok, you can chastise me for an error on the calculator. But you cannot chastise me for what you read into what I say

Oh, you did check the mirror! There you go taking things to literal again. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

That's disgraceful. Our chaos is much better managed.

Reply to
jlarkin

How many friends do you have?

Reply to