Re: Could this device be built?

Would it be possible to build a gizmo that could be surreptitiously aimed

> at the offending stereo system to fry some crucial components?

Fry?...don't think so. However, take a look at this:

Bob

Reply to
Bob

FYI- there is a system already fielded for 20 years, that does fry electronics, military uses it.

Reply to
Dear Leader

Yes, "fry". Did you guys see the 60 minutes piece some time ago about some "inventor" who had a device to "fry" auto computers. Details were sparce, but clearly seemed to be some kind of cross between a tesla coil and a microwave pulser. He stopped a running car at some distance (cheated by having hood up).

The point is that any solid state device always has a bunch of semi- conductors that follow the rule: Semiconductor parts make better fuses than fuses! Usually most solid state circuit boards have some of these are low voltage parts that can't take much emi.

I wouldn't be surprised if cops had emi car stoppers right now. Sure beats a 100 MPH chase or those tire spikes that could send a 100 MPH car into a neighborhood house. I have also heard rumors that all modern car computers have "secret" codes that can be transmitted into them that stops them. Wouldn't surprise me a bit.

Reply to
Benj

Par a noid.

prove it.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

It would me, a lot! CNN wouldn't get its jollies by covering "high- speed" chases (e.g.. OJ).

Tin_foil_hat class.

--
  Keith
Reply to

Held in place by cement coated staples?

prove it.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Benj snipped-for-privacy@iwaynet.net posted to sci.electronics.design:

Only Vista OS computers that. It is advertised as a feature.

Reply to
JosephKK