Bonnie Baker would be proud...

That idea has been round since about the 1920s, and keeps getting reinvented. A much better method is to use capacitive feedback and fix up the frequency response in the second stage.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Oops - sorry for linking to that nonsense, I didn't notice that the article was 10 years old (EDN sent me a link to it today for some reason).

EDN used to be a good read back in the 80's.

Reply to
JM

It has so little real content now. The new owners filled it up with interviews and photos of amateur workshops, reprints of old articles, pointless long articles about power management in chip design (as if any significant number of the regular readers are chip designers!) and now, many MANY pages of advertising for Flowcode.

Strip all that out, and you have a rosy little pamphlet that *still* has very little useful technical content. Except for Robert Lacoste's work, which is great. We need to find him a new platform, he's wasted at CC.

Clifford Heath.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

"When men were men, women were women, and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri."

I used to like Circuit Cellar too, when Steve Ciarcia was running it.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
pcdhobbs

Indeed. ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

I'm looking for work... see my website.

Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

Yes. I was a long time subscriber. Then Steve sold out and the price about doubled. I dropped it then.

Reply to
John S

I never bought into CC - it always seemed to be 101 variations of the same circuit. In fact I never thought much of any of the US magazines.

IMHO Wireless World topped them all (at least until the late 80's)

JM

I liked " Ham Radio ", but it was bought out by CQ and that was the end of that.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster