Buying Greeenland

She won the popular vote with a margin of some three million votes. Sadly, the deplorables who couldn't see what a sleaze-ball Trump was were concentrated in the smaller states so Trump got a majority in the electoral college.

The Russian pro-Trump intervention was also concentrated in those states, which probably helped Trump.

Not remotely in Trump's class.

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand granades, silly lib.

Sadly, the deplorables who couldn't see what a sleaze-ball Trump was were concentrated in the smaller states so Trump got a majority in the electoral college.

Reply to
Whoey Louie

I'm both, but I mostly educate the kids who work for me. I just taught one some things about real-world LC filter design. [1]

There are a few good people who post here and are serious about electronics. They are grossly outnumbered by amateurs (which I happily help) and talentless flamers, who I usually ignore. The trend is that if you try to engage in on-topic discussion with the flamers, they will soon forget the technology and steer back to insults. That's the way they are.

[1] it sometimes helps to thermal image your filters.
Reply to
jlarkin

:
:
:

might get an invitation at kneeling down and kissing his wrinkly orange bu tt. What an honor!

d robbed it of all it's principles, morality and it's policies. He tells o ne lie after another, says stupid or horrible things, and they cheer him on .

t-as-I

cans

at

peting with Trump were "decent and sane". They might have been - if compare d with Trump , but people less stupid than Trader4 - most of the population - could see their defects.

, the deplorables who couldn't see what a sleaze-ball Trump was were concen trated in the smaller states so Trump got a majority in the electoral colle ge.

The so-called "popular vote" is a post election statistic of accident. Ther e is no national popular vote, the general election is comprised of a bunch of individual elections at the state, district and territory level. The id ea the idiot won the popular vote is therefore a fraud for several reasons. The first is there was only 60% turn-out in the 2016 election, which means a very high degree of potential variability in results, and the second is the people would have voted far differently if the outcome was to be determ ined by a national popular vote. It would have been a completely different election iow.

which probably helped Trump.

he deplorables what they like to hear (and not worried about telling differ ent deplorables different stories).

.

ry

rent kinds of sleazeballs.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

te:

te:

te:

ey might get an invitation at kneeling down and kissing his wrinkly orange butt. What an honor!

and robbed it of all it's principles, morality and it's policies. He tells one lie after another, says stupid or horrible things, and they cheer him on.

not-as-I

ist

licans

ed

that

ompeting with Trump were "decent and sane". They might have been - if compa red with Trump , but people less stupid than Trader4 - most of the populati on - could see their defects.

hat

!

ly, the deplorables who couldn't see what a sleaze-ball Trump was were conc entrated in the smaller states so Trump got a majority in the electoral col lege.

ere is no national popular vote, the general election is comprised of a bun ch of individual elections at the state, district and territory level. The idea the idiot won the popular vote is therefore a fraud for several reason s. The first is there was only 60% turn-out in the 2016 election, which mea ns a very high degree of potential variability in results, and the second i s the people would have voted far differently if the outcome was to be dete rmined by a national popular vote. It would have been a completely differen t election iow.

That is a very good point, that the election was conducted under the existi ng rules. We don't know what the vote would have been if it was a vote based on the popular vote and in any close election, obviously that matters.

Simple fact is that libs are just a bunch of sore losers.

Reply to
Whoey Louie

Greenland is Denmark's Pine Ridge Indian Reservation with 70% of the popula tion, who are mostly Inuit, living in poverty, unemployment and alcoholism. The place is a wasteland and human dump. Of course things may change when the deep snow melts and better roads can be built to allow access to the pu rported very large reserves of precious metals there. And, as with Alaska, the government will buy off the Indians with some small annual stipend whil e their land gets permanently trashed.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

The question to me is, do the Trump haters respect the concept of citizens electing their leaders, or do they think that they are always right and the flyover hicks are wrong?

In some areas of science and engineering, rightness is mathematically provable. In more complex and chaotic systems, the interesting cases, it's not, but that doesn't stop people from thinking they are right. Quite the opposite. Belief becomes tribal when not corrected by experiment.

I used to really appreciate George Will, but I fear he has become another victim of Washington institutional capture.

There's a difference between respecting the concept and respecting the choice that particular citizens have have made, in practice.

e.g. in the military you salute the office and the rank. not the man. I do not have to love every individual police officer to respect the office and capacity of the official title of "Police Officer"

Reply to
bitrex

If the Liberals controlled everything for very long, the farmers would be bankrupt. Then the Liberals would have to learn to grow their own food, or die.

Reply to
Michael Terrell

they

Great

t get

What

bed

r him

?

eds

y.

.

That obviously will differ among all the people who dislike and don't approve of Trump.

I don't see that. I see a guy who like many of us saw what Trump was from the very beginning and tried to warn everyone. George Will just isn't going to sell his soul to the orange clown, as sadly so many others have. Funny thing, those that have, there is now a huge wake of them, left in Trump's debris field, as he throws them under the bus. Yet, amazingly there are plenty more willing to go do a deal with the devil.

It's becoming increasingly obviously that Trump isn't right in the head, he's becoming more and more erratic, which should be a concern to all. He's even done a full turn on Fox now, mad that even Fox presents things that don't make him look good. Like they did a poll that showed him losing to the Democrats. Trump thinks that it's Fox's job to bury that, to lie, to make things up that make Trump look good.

"I don?t want to Win for myself, I only want to Win for the people. The New @FoxNews is letting millions of GREAT people down! We have to star t looking for a new News Outlet. Fox isn?t working for us anymore!

7:03 AM - 28 Aug 2019

It's always about Trump, Trump, Trump. It doesn't matter if you're a murdering despot starving people to death or Mother Theresa. It's all based on how you treat Trump, the almighty, that's all that matters.

Did you see one of his latest tweets:

"There has never been a time in the history of our Country that the Media w as so Fraudulent, Fake, or Corrupt! When the ?Age of Trump? is looked back on many years from now, I only hope that a big part of my l egacy will be the exposing of massive dishonesty in the Fake News!"

The "Age of Trump"? Need any more proof he at least has a narcissism disor der? And he speaks of fake news, when he's the biggest liar I have ever seen. He even lied at the G7, with her sitting in the front row, he told the worl d press that she has gotten to know KJU too. So, the press scratches their heads, starts checking, does their job and within hours the WH has to admit she's never even met KJU. And then Trump gets mad, claiming it's fake news. Just another day in Crazytown.

Reply to
Whoey Louie

That is an interesting claim to make, when it's actually Trump that has many farmers in dire straits and on new govt welfare for farmers that he came up with, $32 bil so far. You should go look at the recent meeting he held in the oval office with farmers and his staff. Round and round they went, talking about how Trump's recent changes to ethanol rules are harming farmers too. One aid after another brainstormed about everything from more govt programs to try to patch it up to forcing Detroit to build ethanol cars. Missing in all that was anyone saying, WTF are we talking about? This is an example of what happens with big govt ideas, big govt programs and we need to get out of all of this. Would be especially nice if we had a president that could say that. Instead, Trump sat their like a chairman of the old USSR, trying to make sense of farm markets, ethanol production, all the govt programs, all the govt rules, all the govt controls and figure out what to do to add yet another patch.

Reply to
Whoey Louie

lation, who are mostly Inuit, living in poverty, unemployment and alcoholis m. The place is a wasteland and human dump. Of course things may change whe n the deep snow melts and better roads can be built to allow access to the purported very large reserves of precious metals there. And, as with Alaska , the government will buy off the Indians with some small annual stipend wh ile their land gets permanently trashed.

The aid to Greenland each year from the Danish state is roughly $600million (about $12000 per greenlander)

revenue from natural resources will be shared equally between Denmark and G reenland

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

What you are saying is that you don't respect the idea of democracy, that different people have different opinions, and that we vote and respect the outcome in a civilized manner.

So, flame on.

I don't see how you get that from anything I said. I look at the facts, at reality, at what I see each day. And I refuse to mindlessly support someone who is a lying, incompetent mental case that embarrasses this country most days. It really is that simple. You;re the one that apparently doesn't respect democracy, because democracy includes the rights of free speech and dissent. Somehow that's lost on Trump and the trumpets. Oddly they didn't have that problem when Obama was president. BTW, what did Trump do when Obama was president? Did he sit down and shut up? Did he respect Obama? Why no, he was a leading birther, lying, claiming that OBama wasn't born in the USA. There's democracy for you.

Reply to
Whoey Louie

That should be a two way street. Once elected, the office holder should respect the opinions of those that did not vote for him.

I'm speaking from a country which, until last week, was a representative democracy, but now is a elected dictatorship - just like Putin's Russia.

Yes, our PM has just told my elected representative to f*ck off and come back when it is too late to represent the opinion of those that elected him.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Whoops, silly me.

I live in an *un*elected dictatorship.

*Nobody* voted for the current PM to be the PM!

The nearest to that was that up to 71954 people could vote for him, and 23716 people did.

No, there are no missing digits in those numbers.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Correct, that's another good point. We had Trump in France, disparaging Obama, again, one of his favorite activities, when there was absolutely no need to do it. He made the silly claim that Russia seizing Crimea was somehow all Obama's fault and instead of placing the blame in the right place, with PUTIN, Trump was again being Putin's puppet and lobbying the G7 to let Russia back in. And he also attacked our press. He even tweeted that all the leaders are asking him why does the American press hate our country? Why are they trying to destroy it? You'd have to be a full on trumptard to believe that really happened, that those sane, normal world leaders would be asking Trump that. And again, Trump is on foreign soil, attacking what he doesn't like about America. He's showing no respect for the office, yet he thinks we should respect him? You get respect by earning it.

Yeah, I don;t really understand what's going on there, certainly doesn't sound right.

Reply to
Whoey Louie

JL can't distinguish between the concepts of "respect" and "slavish devotion" but I assure you they are different things.

Reply to
bitrex

I respect the _process_ of democracy, and the _office_ of the Presidency.

Anything or anyone else is case-by-case basis.

Reply to
bitrex

A parlimentary system seems totally chaotic to me.

We have a full-time, four year President until the scheduled instant that we swear in the next one. And he can't call for early elections or dissolve Congress or any of that confusing stuff.

The dynamics of the US system seems to settle down to two dominant parties.