Why does the Raspberry Pi exist?

If what Windmill claimed is true, then you are both now on a 'special' list.

Bugritt. Now I am too :(

--
W J G
Reply to

It does comply.

That was the cause of one of the hold-ups when they started out. As soon as the numbers got big enough to be classed as a commercial product the RFI requirements kicked in.

However, it's an open board so the conditions may be less stringent (pure guesswork on my part).

--
W J G
Reply to

Oh, goody! Can we all join in?

Reply to
tony van der Hoff

Not UNIT?

Reply to
Dom

The fourth letter in NSA is secret.

Reply to
Mel Wilson

Yes it does. It also constitute teacher's and teacher spouse's abuse. (My wife was a high school teacher, and I was exposed to secondary powerpoint presentations from her student's projects.)

This says it all

And if you don't know about Mr Tufte,

Roberto Waltman

[ Please reply to the group,
  return address is invalid ]
Reply to
Roberto Waltman

Sorry - teachers, students. Does anybody need a couple of apostrophes, used only once?

--
Roberto Waltman

[ Please reply to the group,
  return address is invalid ]
Reply to
Roberto Waltman

Abuse of teacher and teacher spouse.

Projects of student.

Apostrophes look quite correct to me.

--
W J G
Reply to

I am Spartacus.

--
I think I am an Elephant,
Behind another Elephant

Projects of students, I read it as. The apostrophe should be after the "s", not before.

If it's a general point, then "teacher's" should be "teachers'" and it should be "teachers' spouse abuse". If a particular point, then "teacher abuse" and "teacher's spouse abuse".

Not to me, they didn't

Then again, having corrected someone's grammar on usenet, I will now don my flameproof suit and await developments.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Reply to
John Williamson

No, *I* am Spartacus....

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Reply to
John Williamson

"Power corrupts; PowerPoint corrupts absolutely. "

-michael - NadaNet 3.1 and AppleCrate II:

Michael J. Mahon

You need to provide evidence of GCSE Maths and English (even if you have a Degree in one of them!) but that is not all you need.

You also need to pass tests in Maths, English, and ICT. These days I believe before you start training but previously before you qualify- ie are awarded QTS (Qualified Teacher Status- the actual qualification to teach).

To begin training to become a teacher, even in a Primary school, you need a degree, unless you are (or were as I believe they have all ended) studying a BEd. Normal route these days is a degree then perhaps a PGCE to achieve QTS, Teach First leading to QTS, or another career then PGCE or GTP leading to QTS. Of course, another degree may feature in any of these.

There is talk of ex-servicemen/women without degrees being allowed to train without a degree but, at present, a degree is needed- even for primary school. Not every one agrees with this but it should be remembered that there will be 'older" teachers who qualified before the current rules came into force (I'm not sure when that was, more than 10 years) who are teaching without degrees and doing so perfectly well.

As for the place of the R Pi in schools: The R Pi is quite a different beast to a PC. A R Pi is far better for interfacing in many ways, cheaper, my school has got 40 or so which are dedicated to experimenting. If one gets 'cooked', it is £25 down the pan. We are even looking to putting together a small Beowulf Cluster (a Bramble), hardly practical with conventional PCs. (I say "we", I teach Maths but aid the R Pi work.)

Brian

Reply to
Brian Reay

teachers and teachers' spouses.

Unless only one teacher was involved when its teacher's spouse (unless he is of the church of latter day saints)

Indeed. In the right place..

--
Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc?-ra-cy) ? a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

"Yes it does. It also constitute teacher's and teacher's spouse's abuse*. (My wife was a high school teacher, and I was exposed to secondary powerpoint presentations from her students' projects**.) "

*abuse of the teacher and the spouse, of the teacher. ** unless she only had one student. in which case ( ')
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

On Sun, 23 Jun 2013 16:36:06 +0100, Folderol declaimed the following:

I was probably on that list before the NSA publicly acknowledged the existence of NRO.

Dennis Lee Bieber

On Sun, 23 Jun 2013 12:15:42 -0400, Mel Wilson declaimed the following:

That gives us NASA -- which might explain the whole mess...

Dennis Lee Bieber

Around here most schools manage their own money. There just isn't a 'district' IT budget.

--
(\__/)  M.
(")_(") is he still wrong?

Apostrophes have been abolished. Someone might cut themself on a loose one.

;-)

--
(")_(") is he still wrong?

What kind of cat goes 'mrow'?