Raspberry Pi "merger"

"We?ve got some great news to share today: the Raspberry Pi Foundation is joining forces with the CoderDojo Foundation, in a merger that will give many more young people all over the world new opportunities to learn how to be creative with technology."

Good thing? Bad thing? AISI it depends on what kind of "merger" they mean.

"In technical terms, the Raspberry Pi Foundation is becoming a corporate member of the CoderDojo Foundation (which is a bit like being a shareholder, but without any financial interest). I will also join the board of the CoderDojo Foundation as a director. The merger is subject to approval by Irish regulators."

It sounds as though the Foundation will maintain its independence despite merging with another organisation.

--
James Harris
Reply to

I think it's a bad thing because even if many CoderDojos are good the CoderDojo Foundation is evil.

I don't like the CoderDojo Foundation because they do not allow mentors to criticize the Koran or the terror of the Islamic State in their own private time outside the CoderDojo. I did this and was banned from CoderDojo Lund and also from starting new CoderDojos in poor areas of my town, where I live myself, by CoderDojo Foundation. This was because some Islamic State official falsely accused me of being islamophobic and racist, which is very false. I was serving in local CoderDojos for many years before that. I e.g. predicted in January 2016 that the Islamic State would attack children and thought we at CoderDojo should increase the security. I was accused of being exclusive.

This comment (above) was censored from raspberrypi.org, and this shows they can't handle free speech.

For more info about this case, see:

I also have a recording of the last phone call from the CoderDojo Foundation:

(52 min)

Reply to
M.O.B. i L.

I know that you didn't quite say that your right to free speech was violated, but,

A. Dumas

So you believe that Internet etc should be censored! May you rot in Hell!

--
All of us have to stand up and control bama'sbig Government
Reply to

That will be a big whoosh then.

Reply to
Rob Morley

You are the victim of a common misconception. The comments column in somebody's personal and private blog is not "the internet" and the blog owner alone decides, who can post there and about what. This simple fact still holds true, when it's a large blog like Fecesbook.

The internet was meant to and had the means to free us from monopolies and what to people do? They all flock into the same restricted private spaces and empower their own new monopolies to tell them what and what not to do. It's their choice and complaining afterwards is just ridiculous.

On my party I decide whom to invite and whom not. Hold your own party (yes, it's up to you then, to get the snacks and the beer in and from your own money, this is how our world works) or go to the public market place, but do not tell me you have rights in my private home. You haven't.

--

/ \  Mail | -- No unannounced, large, binary attachments, please! --
Reply to

You have the right to not support an organization that is against free speech in comments to their articles. In this age with terrorism against children we should be able to discuss how to best stop it. But CoderDojo and Raspberry Pi Foundation does not even allow mentors to have a very private discussion about this topic completely outside of CoderDojo.

I have a recording of the last phone meeting from the CoderDojo Foundation:

(52 min)

I was active mentor in CoderDojo once a week from 2013-2016.

This was how I started:

This was my last message so far:

M.O.B. i L.

Erm... If your very private conversation was completely outside, how would they know about it?

--
W J G
Reply to

I believe that it will be, and in fact it already is.

"should" implies the context of some absolute moral code, but I have never found one.

and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally
important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for
the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the
truth is the greatest enemy of the State.

Joseph Goebbels
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I answered a friends post on Facebook and he had a friend that was a radical islamist, and that guy contacted CoderDojo and lied about me. It's all explained in the link below the video. This islamist had probably searched online and noticed that I was a mentor in CoderDojo. He didn't normally have anything to do with CoderDojo. He just wanted in general to destroy what he perceived as threats to the islamist agenda. CoderDojo should not be tricked by this.

Reply to
M.O.B. i L.

Corrections duly noted. Axel

--

/ \  Mail | -- No unannounced, large, binary attachments, please! --
Reply to
Axel Berger

CFUl1byEpK4J

aBgAJ

So it wasn't a comet made in private it was a public statement

Posting on Facebook unless you have restricted it to invited friends only (& I don't trust Facebook to honour anything regarding privacy) then you are doing the equivalent of taking out a full page add in the Times.

the same applies to twitter & all of the other social media (including this newsgroup) that people use insist on misusing for "private" conversations.

--
There is nothing more silly than a silly laugh.
		-- Gaius Valerius Catullus

I replied to a post to only friends.

But I think a CoderDojo mentor should be allowed to write what I wrote even if they do so publicly. There is nothing illegal about it. But I don't think one should discuss politics inside the CoderDojo since there one should only teach programming.

Reply to
M.O.B. i L.

Which is exactly my point too. But the same applies here, even if perhaps less strictly enforced so for me this is the EOD. And apologies to all those annoyed by our straying off into politics.

Axel

--

/ \  Mail | -- No unannounced, large, binary attachments, please! --
Reply to
Axel Berger

Yep but fortunately for the rest of us they think internet==www.

So you VPN out from under the restrictions and emerge in a saner country.

I like it - well almost, the thought of a naked Donald Trump is less than appealing.

Splort.

Yep decentralised and uncontrollable.

That was tried a long time ago, it didn't succeed.

Nah we can tunnel UUCP across encrypted links more easily than using modems.

C:>WIN                                      | A better way to focus the sun
Ahem A Rivet's Shot

In article (Dans l'article) , alister

No problems with Facebook: the users agreed all what Facebook does and makes: this is in the policies...

Cool!

--
Jean-Pierre Kuypers
Reply to

Clearly not as it was visible to someone who found it offensive

whilst i defend your right to hold & voice whatever opinions you may have

- even if i do not agree with them I do have sympathy with CoderDojo on this.

As a mentor you are in a position of authority & it is right for Coder Dojo to make sure its mentors are not trying to politically motivate students (in any direction) BUT if there is no indication that these opinions are being expressed in that environment then their actions as described do seem heavy handed.

--
Shedenhelm's Law:
	All trails have more uphill sections than they have downhill

& how do you know these policy's are truly followed?

Answerer you have to have trust in the person making the promises

Zuckerburg's history has lead me to make my own option regarding his trustworthiness.

--
Saint:  A dead sinner revised and edited.
-- Ambrose Bierce

and his or her computer security

And his computer security.

and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally
important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for
the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the
truth is the greatest enemy of the State.

Joseph Goebbels
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

yes, which leads to the frollowing truth table

Trust person Trust Security use service No No No No Yes No Yes No no Yes Yes Yes

For me column one is a gig no so column two is irrelevant

See above

--
Sex dumps core
(Sex is a Simple editor for X11)