Raspberry Pi "merger"

"We?ve got some great news to share today: the Raspberry Pi Foundation
is joining forces with the CoderDojo Foundation, in a merger that will
give many more young people all over the world new opportunities to
learn how to be creative with technology."

Good thing? Bad thing? AISI it depends on what kind of "merger" they mean.
"In technical terms, the Raspberry Pi Foundation is becoming a corporate
member of the CoderDojo Foundation (which is a bit like being a
shareholder, but without any financial interest). I will also join the
board of the CoderDojo Foundation as a director. The merger is subject
to approval by Irish regulators."
It sounds as though the Foundation will maintain its independence
despite merging with another organisation.
--
James Harris
Reply to

I also have a recording of the last phone call from the CoderDojo Foundation:
(52 min)
Reply to
M.O.B. i L.
I know that you didn't quite say that your right to free speech was violated, but,

Reply to
A. Dumas
So you believe that Internet etc should be censored! May you rot in Hell!
--
All of us have to stand up and control bama'sbig Government
Reply to

/ \  Mail | -- No unannounced, large, binary attachments, please! --
Reply to
Axel Berger
You have the right to not support an organization that is against free speech in comments to their articles. In this age with terrorism against children we should be able to discuss how to best stop it. But CoderDojo and Raspberry Pi Foundation does not even allow mentors to have a very private discussion about this topic completely outside of CoderDojo.
I have a recording of the last phone meeting from the CoderDojo Foundation:
(52 min)
I was active mentor in CoderDojo once a week from 2013-2016.
This was how I started:

This was my last message so far:
Reply to
M.O.B. i L.
Erm... If your very private conversation was completely outside, how would they know about it?
--
W J G
Reply to

/ \  Mail | -- No unannounced, large, binary attachments, please! --
Reply to
Axel Berger
CFUl1byEpK4J
aBgAJ
So it wasn't a comet made in private it was a public statement
Posting on Facebook unless you have restricted it to invited friends only (& I don't trust Facebook to honour anything regarding privacy) then you are doing the equivalent of taking out a full page add in the Times.
the same applies to twitter & all of the other social media (including this newsgroup) that people use insist on misusing for "private" conversations.
--
There is nothing more silly than a silly laugh.
		-- Gaius Valerius Catullus

/ \  Mail | -- No unannounced, large, binary attachments, please! --
Reply to
Axel Berger
Yep but fortunately for the rest of us they think internet==www.
So you VPN out from under the restrictions and emerge in a saner country.
I like it - well almost, the thought of a naked Donald Trump is less than appealing.
Splort.
Yep decentralised and uncontrollable.
That was tried a long time ago, it didn't succeed.
Nah we can tunnel UUCP across encrypted links more easily than using modems.
C:>WIN                                      | A better way to focus the sun
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Ahem A Rivet's Shot
In article (Dans l'article) , alister
No problems with Facebook: the users agreed all what Facebook does and makes: this is in the policies...
Cool!
--
Jean-Pierre Kuypers
Reply to
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
alister
& how do you know these policy's are truly followed?
Answerer you have to have trust in the person making the promises
Zuckerburg's history has lead me to make my own option regarding his trustworthiness.
--
Saint:  A dead sinner revised and edited.
-- Ambrose Bierce

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher
yes, which leads to the frollowing truth table
Trust person Trust Security use service No No No No Yes No Yes No no Yes Yes Yes
For me column one is a gig no so column two is irrelevant
See above
--
Sex dumps core
(Sex is a Simple editor for X11)