Subject Author Posted Replies

Xst_Choice nodes
Hey, Im trying some synthesis with Xilinx Xst in ISE 9.2 and i'm getting this error ERROR:Xst:2259 - Unit has internal Xst_Choice nodes Anyone know what an Xst_Choice node is? I've no idea what it is...
1
1

"Number of BSCANs: 2 out of 1 200%"
Hi, I have added Chipscope to my design, but it seems to be incompatible because of BSCANS: Number of BSCANs: 2 out of 1 200% (OVERMAPPED). The reason is that I need to use OPB_MDM since I have to...
6
6

coregenerator bram in synplify pro error
I am trying to get rams in xilinx to synthesize in synplify pro. I am a novice in syplify pro. I used the core generator to generate BRAM and then since for brams we cannot generate edif files I used...
11
11

Why does ISE 9.2 optimize out the logic
Hi, I want to use RLOC function of ISE 9.2. I find at the end, all logic are optimized out, see below the simplest example. I can see the results after synthesis are correct. How to avoid this? Thanks...

now I can talk about it...
Ta Da! Austin
14
14

ISE 9.2i project question
When i add existing source files ISE copies them to the project directory but i want to use them in their current directories (by reference). It's a small point but i cant seem to find out how to do...
1
1

Simple (?) timing constraint for output pins
Hi *, I am driving a bunch of DACs each having its own SPI bus with a Virtex4 FPGA. The test design is up and running fine (generating a sine output via an DDC generator implemented on the fabric)....
6
6

Xilinx and Modelsim?
Hi, please forgive me for any ignorance in this question, but I am really lost. I have tried to get Xilinx ISE Webpack 9.2i to work with modelsim. But it just doesn't seem to work. Now I am not very...
6
6

Partial reconfiguration by using ICAP
Dear all: My target board is the Xilinx ML310, which contains a Virtex-II Pro XC2VP30 FPGA. I followed the EAPR flow and successfuly generated my partial bitstreams. My system architecture was created...

Impact won't program XC3S200, does program XC3SD1800A
Hi everyone, My setup: ISE10.1 webpack, Digilent Spartan 3 kit, ExtremeDSP 1800A kit, Digilent parallel JTAG cable, Ubuntu 7.10. With xc3sprog I can write my configuration files to the Spartan-3 kit....
2
2

JTAG: First of 4 Spartan-3E always UNKNOWN
Hi All, I have custom board with 4 Spartan-3E (XC3S500E-PQ208). For configuration I have both JTAG and slave serial access. Slave serial works fine. However, when I try to identify the JTAG chain the...
12
12

Welcome to our world - Blog
Yeah! Peter and I (and Ken) have a new outlet. Just getting started, so please stop by, check it out, and give us some helpful feedback (before we lose the developers, and are unable to change stuff...

ISE 64 bit
Are there any plans to offer an ISE WebPack version that can run under Vista 64 bit ? TIA, Rog.

increase memory of microblaze
hi, is it possible to increase the available memory for a microblaze after it has been created ? .. i have created a microblaze with 16kb blockram using the base system builder, but now i want to use...
3
3

Using USB programming cables from Xilinx and Lattice on one Windows machine
Hey *, I'm trying to use USB programming cables from both Xilinx and Lattice on the same Windows machine. No luck so far, I can only get one of them working at a time, when I completely uninstall the...
6
6