"Number of BSCANs: 2 out of 1 200%"

Hi, I have added Chipscope to my design, but it seems to be incompatible because of BSCANS: Number of BSCANs: 2 out of 1 200% (OVERMAPPED). The reason is that I need to use OPB_MDM since I have to download the executable.elf.

I have read that it is possible to use OPB_MDM and Chipscope if they share the BSCAN. Could someone tell me how could i configure it?

Regards

Reply to
Pablo

Hi Pablo,

I know that from silicon side it is possible, but Xilinx SW can not handle it.

Best Regards

Reply to
tarmopalm

Xilinx SW does handle it. What I see is you are using some silicon with only one BSCAN. Which piece is it?

Reply to
Zara

A bit of googling turned up this answer:

You must create a new chipscope icon with Disable Boundary Scan Component Instance. hta will give you an Icon with more ports than usual, these ports must be connected to the corresponding ports of the opb_mdm component (use Show ports with default connections when connecting ports)

Source:

HTH, Torsten

Reply to
Torsten Landschoff

OK, i have just used the secondary ports from the opb_mdm to connect the icon core. Now I am trying to debug with the Chipscope Analyzers, but I get only one value. That is, I have included a clock port, so it sould appears as 101010101 and so on. The real value is 1111111111. It seems like system only does a unique sample but it shows 512 samples. Does anyone have the same result?. What must I configure to show a clock signal up and down?

Again, my best regards

Reply to
Pablo

You are sampling a signal with the same signal as a clock, Isn't it ? /MH

Reply to
Moazzam

Yes, it is. I have already solved it. Sorry for this stupid question.

Reply to
Pablo