Latest threads in Electronics Down Undershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Any ideas to diagnose my mobile phone?
My phone, a Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505), displays a black screen showing the date and time and the number of missed calls and messages in white at the top. Nothing I do will let me get out of this screen...
21
21

Equipment Exchange Bulletin from the 1960's
Some of you will remember the amazing "Equipment Exchange Bulletin" from Tasmania in the 60/70's. In this months "Amateur Radio" Magazine there's an brief piece about the passing of Ralf Gunther VK7RG...
1
1

Bit OT: File conversion HELP!
We're trying to get a banner for our band, and have found a local mob that can do just what we're after. Only problem is that the have fairly restricted capabilities for the types of file they can...
2
2

Re: Ball bearings
Bicycle parts? Caveat, I've never run the micrometer over then but I double if any would be that small. Bearings from old printer plattens might break down to give you some.

Re: Silcron turntable
Much like the twelve-year-old post you replied to?
3
3

Need a new Ethernet cable?
11
11

Radio Shack bankrupt
Fond memories of Tandy, it's how I got my start in computers and electronics too. Dave posted a video on the EEVBlog for those interested. Time to fire up a model 1 and CoCo to to relive the glory...
2
2

mobile 4g internet question
Is there such a thing as a modem that has a USB socket for a 4G mobile dongle to provide a connection to the internet, and has an ethernet socket to allow a voip phone box to be connected so a voip...
21
21

why solar power is over-rated
I had a fascinating discussion with a NASA engineer. He said that one problem with a Mars mission is that dust would make solar panels useless in as little as 3 months! They would like radioisotope...
9
9

Programmed obsolescence in smoke alarms?
I have two Exelguard photoelectric smoke detectors that were installed at the same time about four years ago. They've both started, within a couple of days of each other, giving frequent spurious...
13
13

MST-A600 12V Lead Acid Battery Tester
I'm just wondering whether any of you usenet monkeys have used the above unit and whether you can recommend it?!! I've tried to find some reviews on the internet, but can't find any independent ones....
4
4

Buying stuff from online shopping malls in China
I've come across these two online stores based in mainland China. first one can work without having to open an account and email verification and also works with paypal. Second one need an account,...
2
2

Pass through power bank
I want to use a power bank as battery back up for a Raspberry Pi. The power bank has to have pass through charging so that I can leave the power bank connected to the mains while the Pi is powered...
55
55

Bedini motors and overunity crap
There's a shitload of silly people posting stuff on YouTube about so-called 'overunity' motors/generators (Bedini is just one of them). It is obvious that the people building these devices wouldn't...
15
15

Approved 240V Arduino Interface?
Thinking about doing a shake-up of the wiring of at least part of my house and was wondering if anyone could provide any pointers to a standards-approved/certified interface to allow an Arduino to...
10
10