Bedini motors and overunity crap

There's a shitload of silly people posting stuff on YouTube about so-called 'overunity' motors/generators (Bedini is just one of them). It is obvious that the people building these devices wouldn't have a clue how to measure what power is going in and coming out of them.

That said, I was wondering if anyone here in aus.electronics has ever experimented with these 'overunity' designs, and what was the result?

Reply to
BuckyBalls

AFAIK the Second Law of Thermodynamics still holds. Has been a lot of experiments done, but none has disproved it. But people have an enormous wish to believe in magic.

--
Regards,

Adrian Jansen           adrianjansen at internode dot on dot net
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Adrian Jansen

There are an awful lot of people wishing to believe in codswallop, if it's not magic skypixie gods it is this kind of shit. Some have opened their minds so much that their brain has fallen out and others are just crazies in it for the anti-government/oil company whatever conspiracy theories.

Reply to
Clocky

But you expect us to have done so?

In truth, I read the (free) instructions and decided nope. There was no way I was going to scrounge various diameters of stainless steel pipe grade BS-666 or what ever from kerbside.

Then from laying on the warnings thickly about it must be that specific pipe and inner diameters, it next instruction was "spark a wire along the length in one direction only, different direction for each diameter.

Highly specific to umgaba-gaba, yer sure.

I'm all for new break throughs in science, but really.

Reply to
news13

I thought a few might have tried 'em out of sheer curiosity, suspension of disbelief and all that..

What worries me is the number of people who seem to believe in this stuff. To me, it shows a lack of education combined with the free-for-all internet/YouTube. It would be a fantastic breakthrough if 'vacuum energy' etc. could be tapped, but I'm pretty sure if it ever happens it won't be from some fruitcake on YouTube, it will come from a university researcher.

Reply to
BuckyBalls

Probably,in this case but not necessarily,inventions quite often come from people not in the field as they have no preconceived notions stuck in their head that they find it hard to deviate from.

Reply to
F Murtz

I thought you already knew the result, so why ask.

Reply to
Jeßus

Here, knock yourself out...

'Scuse the shoddy drawing, but you get the gist.

Using nothing but water and gravity, you can generate free electricity!

Increase size of generator or decrease size of pump if you want more. Easy! :-P

The really sad thing is that if this sketch was shown to an MP or an energy company CEO, they'd be up in arms demanding it be outlawed - such is the sad state of affairs "at the top" these days :-/

--
Bob Milutinovic
Cognicom

Here's some "vacuum energy" which WILL work.

Might be just a teency bit difficult to construct, but in the world of pseudoscience, who cares?

--
Bob Milutinovic
Cognicom

He presumably wants the opinion of people who might have tried to replicate the results as a basis for comparison to the claims of the "silly people".

Reply to
Clocky

I have no problem at all with people experimenting with over unity ideas (as long as they're not attempting to profit from them). Do any work? No. Not yet, anyway. Scientific 'facts' such as the laws of physics are 'facts'... right up until the moment they're no longer facts. By that I don't mean I do not believe in the laws of physics as we understand them, but things like this tend to be disproved at some point in history. I see no harm in keeping an open mind and/or flying in the face of convention, it's the only way we have progressed.

Reply to
Jeßus

That's fair enough.

Reply to
Clocky

That's why I asked the question - this NG has people who DO KNOW how to measure power/energy, and although I remain a skeptic with regard to overunity and free energy devices, (you get somewhat brainwashed by a university education) I am open to hearing about results from people who can make sensible measurements. The idea of tapping vacuum energy is fantastic, but if everyone has a few Megawatts to play with the current global warming will be eclipsed!

Reply to
BuckyBalls

Not sure where you went to Uni but *that's where* I learned about the

2nd Law of Thermodynamics...

--
Cheers,
Chris.

U of Sydney, double degree. But they didn't teach us anything about vacuum energy, I got that from Richard Feynman (although he didn't claim HOW to tap it, he did write that there is enough zero-point energy in a volume of space the size of a cup to boil all the oceans of the world). You should keep an open mind, despite all the fruitcakes on YouTube that post rubbish. If you haven't read Feynman's lectures you are missing an insight into physics that you don't get from the standard uni course.

In case you have misunderstood, I'm not giving any credence to 'overunity devices'. I was just asking if anyone here who is competent had actually measured one.

BTW Dave Jones has just posted a sensible YouTube video on one aspect of the subject:

BuckyBalls

Indeed.

Reply to
Clocky