Subject Author Posted Replies

Recovering deleted answering machine email
I have an AT&T answering machine that I accidentally deleted a message on. AT&T has told me there's no official way to get the message back. Is there any way to pull this off the hardware directly?...
2
2

Computer tech in Queens, NY area?
A friend of a friend has a Dell 1100 Inspiron. It shuts down (overheats?) and is not as fast as it once was. Can anyone recommend a tech in the Queens, New York area that can give this laptop the once...

fix for toyota clock.
Remove battery positive cable. Put ignition in on position. Short pos cable to ground for 1 min. Turn ign. Off. Reconnect. Worked for me.

Music Man Sixty Five
Just had one of these lovely old amps across the bench, and was extremely surprised to see a plate voltage of 730 on the two 6CA7 / EL34 output pentodes. That is some serious HT, and I'm sure rather...
4
4

Fender Showman from 1963
Known history with this , from its purchase in Germany onwards, including its original set of valves (not in there and used now, but will test out of curiosity). What are the main potential...
19
19

beam index tube
bob

followup: Carver PM-1.5a amp
First time of meeting this triac drive rather than protection concept Upping to 90 percent mains the current draw drops from the 0.5 amp of 80 percent maions to .2amp approx and then at 100 percent...
1
1

My 1999 Toyota 4Runner digital clock is kaput (any ideas?)
Any ideas how to fix the $250 Toyota 4Runner digital clock?
25
25

general question: mainboard caps
Hello, I've got a couple of Intel boards (D865PERL) that have one bad electrolytic capacitor each. One board stopped working; the other still works, but has a bulging cap close to the CPU area. (Pics...
52
52

Power mosfet question
I have a power mosfet that was shorted.. Due to my carelessness... A very fine sliver of solder bridged the gate to the drain. Would this usually destroy the said mosfet? Or something else in line...
4
4

pleasant surprise from MCM
I recently purchased two "switched" surge suppressors from MCM. (Turning on a master device turns on all the devices connected to the "controlled" outlets. I use them to switch my power amps on and...
4
4

Help needed to identify connector please
Hi to all group members, I am having difficulties in identifying a plug/socket type, and if anyone can help would they also know where these can be obtained? I am in the UK and have spent some time...
9
9

Cassette tape component
This was thread "Technics RS-TR255 Cassette Decks" back in Feb., 2010. Again, thanks for helpful responses "way back when". I come again begging advice. I finally found time to putter with my 2 units....
11
11

Sony BM-23 portable dictator problem
My BM-23 will PLAY a tape for a few seconds then stop. As it stops there is a high pitched signal that will continue until I put it on STOP. Sometimes it will stop playing and I can hear the motor...
3
3

Sony KPR46CX10 tracking problem
Hello, I have a friend that has one of these. She says that from time to time the picture will scroll. So I know that this is a horizontal tracking issue. When I worked on tv's years ago they had a...
1
1