Sony KV27EXR20 Sound no picture

I have a Sony KV27EXR20 and am experiencing sound without picture. I had replaced IC651 STRS6301 and other caps on the G-board.

The tube glows and has power, once the set was plugged in and powered on it went to degauss mode and you feel static on the glass.

Your help is appreciated.

Reply to
mnpinball

After looking at some other posts of the same problem, I also left the TV on for a few minutes and the picture comes up. BUT, the picture goes on then off and cycles like this every 2 seconds constantly.

Any help is appreciated.

Reply to
mnpinball

Reply to
nucleus

Raise the screen voltage. The crt is going bad but it might work ok for a year or two. Chuck

Reply to
Chuck

On Nov 27, 3:23=A0am, mnpinball wrote:UT, the picture

This is the classic sign of a tired Sony tube. The AKB blanks out the picture if one of the 3 guns is not emitting well. There are a few 'bodges' such as changing the value of the heater feed series resistor to 0R5 instead of 1R, and/or raising the SCREEN preset on the line transformer, but these are short term fixes whose effectivenss can generally be measured in weeks or months, if that. I'd give it a try, but look around locally for another set. You can get decent used sets from the likes of Hitachi and Toshiba for next to nothing as people 'upgrade' to flat panels.

-B