LOgitech X-220 Beeps

Hi, my good (?) old Logitech X-220 PC speakers start to whistle very loud as soon as I power them up.

Any idea or schematic?

Thanks

Frank

Reply to
=?ISO-8859-15?Q?Frank-Stefan_M

Unplug them from the computer and see if the problem is in the speaker amplifier or the sound chip circuit. If in the speaker amp, turn the volume control down and see if the whistle goes up and down. If not, look into the power supply for the speaker amp. If it does vary, look at the power supply as well as the caps in the amplifier circuit.

Neil S.

Reply to
nesesu

As well, look for some new, "noisy" electronic gee-gaw that you've recently installed nearby.

Jonesy

--
  Marvin L Jones    | jonz          | W3DHJ  | linux
   38.24N  104.55W  |  @ config.com | Jonesy |  OS/2