Suitable substitute for a DSC 5D-13 Thermister

(Sorry for the On-Topic post, I'll try not to do it again!)

I haven't been able to figure out a suitable substitute for this DSC Electronics (Korea) device - they call it a "Limiting NTC Device" and the specs, such as they are, are:

DSC-5D-13 Voltage: 240 Imax: 3.8 Iss: 3.8 Max Load Capacitance (uF): 700 Class: C4 CA: #

Can anyone offer advice on a good replacement? This is used in a Samsung flat screen wall TV's power supply - TV model is UN55JU7100(FXZC), version AS02

Thanks!

John :-#)#

Reply to
John Robertson

It's just an in rush current limiter, just find something close. I'd buy a few, 3.5 to 4.5A devices and see which work the best.

Martin Rid

The real thing seems to be available.

I can mail you one if you want an original.

Reply to
ohg...

Thanks for your kind offer - you have mail!

John :-#)#

Reply to
John Robertson