sony 36" color problem

hey everyone,

let me thank you in advance for any replies, THANKS. got a 36" sony trinitron. got dropped about 9" from the floor. now the picture is b/w with color stripes in a fan pattern. at bottom all lines are at center and by the time they reach the top they are fanned out to the corners. Any ideas?

--
gezonly
Reply to

Yes, time to go shopping for a new tv set because the aperature grill has broken loose inside the picture tube.

Basically the color pattern looks somewhat like the old color ATARI logo from the 80's when it breaks loose inside a Sony CRT.

Reply to
dakdak

Ditto on that advice. Pretty classic symptom. Nothing to be done about it but replace.

Leonard

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet

The mask inside the picture tube is broken off its mounts. It is time to go out shopping for a new set.

--

JANA _____

hey everyone, let me thank you in advance for any replies, THANKS. got a 36" sony trinitron. got dropped about 9" from the floor. now the picture is b/w with color stripes in a fan pattern. at bottom all lines are at center and by the time they reach the top they are fanned out to the corners. Any ideas?

-- gezonly

Reply to
JANA

sounds quite pretty actually. i'd keep it like it is! might even make watching tv a more interesting experience....

-B