Problem with a SONY KTV

Hi,

I got an SONY KV-M1421D Trinitron color TV. It has a strange fault. If I turn on the TV it works great. Everything works perfect. But after about 1 hour the picture gets darker and the sound gets weaker. I can adjust it for a few minutes. But its get darker and darker.

Can anybody point me in the right direction for reparing my TV. I have got electronic experiance but I can't find the fault.

Greetings Richard

Reply to
CIP

Do some basic troubleshooting and post the results and then someone might be able to point you in the right direction if you still are not sure which way to go. Some things you need to post: What happens when you change channels in the fault condition? Does the A/V inputs work (if it has them)? Is the OSD also dark? Describe how the sound gets weaker, does it just fade away or does it start to get staticy and distorted? .. and any other troubleshooting results.

The repairfaq has some common faults on some older Sony sets you might want to look at.

dkuhajda

Do some basic troubleshooting and post the results and then someone might be able to point you in the right direction if you still are not sure which way to go. Some things you need to post: What happens when you change channels in the fault condition? Does the A/V inputs work (if it has them)? Is the OSD also dark? Describe how the sound gets weaker, does it just fade away or does it start to get staticy and distorted? .. and any other troubleshooting results.

The repairfaq has some common faults on some older Sony sets you might want to look at.

dkuhajda

I would start with the power supply, measure the voltages when first turned on, then measure them when it starts to get darker, if one or more is dropping then you know where to look.

Reply to
James Sweet

Need more information. When it fails, what works and what doesn't. ie. What happens on the A/V inputs? Is the OSD nice and bright? When you change channels does it work momentarily? etc.

Also check out the repiarfaq for some common problems on older Sony sets.

Reply to
David Kuhajda