TV Repair II - Guidance Needed

Hi,

A few weeks ago, I posted about my 12 year old RCA TV that started giving me snowy pix. The consensus was that I am suffering from the common issue of poor factor soldering on the CTC175 main board.

I have the TV gutted and need to get the tuner covers off. I am told the top one just pops off, but I need to get the bottom one off. I can't tell where I need to desolder to remove the bottom cover.

I know there are four points that need desoldering, and there are four circular blobs of solder in the middle of the tuner cover.

Are these the areas that I need to desolder, or are the ones I need somewhere around the perimeter of the cover, and do they attach the cover to the PCB?

Thanks in advace!!

Reply to
Reactor

Perhaps:

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Sam Goldwasser

Sam,

Thanks for that; I have been reading it but am still unclear as to where the four attachment points are.

Reply to
Reactor

The 4 globs in the middle of the cover has to be unsoldered. I get all I can with a solder sucker, Then very carefully lift one side with a small screwdriver while heating the points, After the cover is removed, inspect the solder with a magnifing glass, usuall the big ones need soldered.Take a good look at the point to make sure what is connected in case of a bridge.Also be careful not to loosen and lose any surface mount components around the point you are resoldering, Also sometimes the input connector needs resoldering, be careful not to use too much solder around the edge or you might have trouble getting the covers back on. Hope this helps Charlie

me

Charlie East