Re: Sony tv color reversal

Thanks for the great information! From a Google search I found the information in this thread I needed to repair my Sony KV-20TS30 TV which suddenly developed color gradients in an oval pattern. My problem was just as described here: the THP601 thermistor (black

1/2x5/8 > Sony tv color reversal: SUCCESS!!!!
This MADE my week! I'm a hero in the extended family! Wednesday > night I finally brought home my soldering equipment (not too much

call

for soldering DB25s in these days of the 100MBit office anyway!), > pulled the back cover, turned the whole set upside down and confirmed > all the hints from you guys: > The degauss wires were indeed covered with black tape. The circuit > traces went from those wires directly to one of the black boxes which > did indeed have 3 pins (I had to shine my bright light *through* the > circuit board to see this clearly - might be a good hint for

beginners

in the future)...and LowAndBehold, one of the pins was NOT SOLDERED > ANYMORE (guess how excited I was) It was not burned looking in the > least, just no longer soldered and in fact I could gently wiggle it > and feel that it was not solidly connected. I then KNEW you were > right. > > I fired up my iron, used the hot iron itself to clean up the pin and > hole and gave it a nice quick small flow of fresh solder. I kept > wanting this to be more difficult... but I just closed the tv back

up,

plugged it in, turned it on and there to the shocked amazement of my > family was a PERFECT COLOR PICTURE! Total Cost: a few good > descriptions to this group and a speck of solder. You guys are

Great!

I'm going to re-visit the crippled stereo equip in my lower room now! > > Final Hindsight data: The component was marked "THP601" on the > circuit board (I decided this must mean "Positive" acting

"THermistor"

or "Posister" as Sam mentioned and an electronics friend said meant > just the opposite direction for the voltage or the temperature.) > > Terry
Reply to
Donald Gudehus

Art