Sony Projection TV - from light to dark

I have Sony projection tv that has been moved three times. The first time is was moved a color gun went out. It was under an extended warranty at that time and was replaced and worked perfectly after that. One year ago I moved again. A month or two after moving the set began to go from an excellent picture to a very dark picture. The color does not change but everything becomes much darker. I have changed all settings to the brightest and sharpest. I don't know if this is something a layman can fix or if I have to have a professional do the work. I would appreciate any incite someone could give. Thank you in advance.

Reply to
b e

You do not say how old the set is or a model number, But, if it was a month after moving that the picture started to get darker, I doubt that the moving had anything to do with the problem. That would have shown up immediately.

If you have increased the brightness to its maximum, there is nothing more that you can do. If the set is more than a few years old, it will probably cost more to fix than to by a new LCD set.

Bob Hofmann

Reply to
hrhofmann