Sanyo 91C530 Color Problem

Hello all Fine Techs:

Sanyo, 19" Model: 91C530 Chassis: A2V-53000 FCCID: AIN9X691C530 Manufacture Date: Nov 1983

Customer brought in an "oldie". Manual tuner! I know it won't bring in much revenue, but I'll tackle one of these undesireables from time to time when things are slow. I'm hoping It might be a quick fix, and I can save one from the landfill for a few more years. : )

It has a strange color problem. The top and bottom portions of the screen have normal color and intensities. However, across the middle section going left to right the color is absent and the image is in black & white.

Everything else is normal and the picture is very clear & sharp.

Anyone ever experience this before? I'd appreciate any guidance someone can give.

My guess would be a cap out of tolerance....I have no diagram to consult though.

Thank you,

Lenny

Lenny's 'Lectronics Marietta, GA snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net

Reply to
Leonard Haney

Good old T.V.! Just "Google" the jungle IC, or look it up on one of the datasheet sites, & check polarized, & possibly "dipped", or disc capacitors with a capacitor checker, or ESR meter, in the chroma circuit. Dani.

Le> Hello all Fine Techs:

Reply to
Dani