Help ID'ing surface mount component

Trying to repair my logitech mouse. Has a surface mount component I think may be the culprit, marked only 73D. Can someone help my ID this component? I'm thinking it's a resistor, but I have no idea what value.

TIA

Dan

Reply to
Dan

more info on SMD resistor codes:

From this table, we get:

1% 73 = value 562; D = multiplier 1000 = 562000 (562k) ohm

Now, what symptom are you experiencing that makes u think this is the faulty component?

Reply to
Ray L. Volts

Thanks Ray, great resource! I tried searching but was not able to find anything like that. As far as what's wrong with the mouse, well it's a rather unusual failure. It's a cordless mouse, which my 3 year old daughter tossed across the room, bouncing it off a (cast iron) wood burning stove & onto the brick hearth. Immediately after this, the scroll wheel ceased to work, so I opened the mouse & discovered 2 surface mount capacitors which each had one end broken loose from the trace. I re-soldered these, but unfortunately in the process of disassembly I over estimated the degree to which one of the board-soldered battery terminals could be flexed, and I pulled a bit of trace away from the resistor I posted about. Patched it up (I thought) but now NOTHING works, no scroll & no pointer motion. Oddly, the LED on the bottom appears to operate as it always did, flashing in response to motion, etc. Tried rebooting, pressing the communications buttons on the mouse bottom & on the USB receiver, still nogo. I'm thinking I may have fractured the resistor, so I thought I'd try inserting a 1/4 watt equivalent & see what happens.

Anyway, thanks again for your reply.

Dan

Reply to
Dan