something about transistos

hello everybody when i was looking for something about transistor i saw this group and i have just joined the group. i live in turkey and work for company which detects the faulties on electronics boards and fix them. on a board we determined a fauly transistor on which it writes only 'RE'. i couldnt find it yet. does anyone know what kind of transistor it is or another transistor that is equivalent of this transistor? if someone helps me i will be really pleased. thanks

Reply to
debeers

I'm afraid that just "RE" won't be enough. Is there nothing else at all ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Graham is right -- you don't have enough information to do anything, I'm afraid. You haven't even mentioned the circuit board you're trying to fix. Just throwing in a random replacement could result in damaging other components.

Try talking to other people at your company, or contact the manufacturer of the board (if they'll talk with you).

If you know someone who is knowledgeable about electronics, they can take a look at the circuit and possibly hazard an educated guess fairly quickly, particularly if the transistor is doing something simple and/or obvious like turning on a relay.

Worse comes to worst, you can try having somebody reverse engineer enough of the board to try and find the transistor's function, and they can suggest a replacement.

Best of luck! Chris

Reply to
Chris

As was said by others, 're' does not say much about the transistor. Can you tell from the circuit whether it's NPN, PNP FET or something else?

What you can do, is try to determine what its function is in the circuit. Is it in a high-frequency radio section? Is it used in an audio pre-amp stage? Is it used in a high-power amplifier output?

Does it switch on a relay, or send a signal to a logic gate?

What is the source voltage for this section of the circuit? This will tell you what type of Vce your replacement device will need.

If it's not high-frequency or high-power, you might get away with using a general- purpose small-signal transistor from your junk box.

Reply to
Randy Day
** Groper alert !

** So it's a tiny SMD transistor right ??

You need to ask the maker of the PCB what it is, since " RE" is not a part number by only a reference code used by the maker of the transistor.

BTW

"..... detects the faultiest"

- love it !!

........ Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

You didn't "join" a group - you posted via Google to Usenet. Usenet is not Google; Google is not Usenet.

You really need more information to start replacing parts on circuit boards - a schematic diagram would be a good start. Failing that, measuring the part on a good board or a part with the same marking may work - if you have the knowledge to check the part to find out what it is.

Could be anything bipolar, JFET, MOSFET, or dual diode, or integrated circuit. Know what it does, and you could make an informed guess as to what would replace it.

Reply to
default

and

If it is a surface mount device (as Phil suggested) then it may be a

2SC3357 which has a marking of RE. http://www.ortodoxism.ro/datasheets/nec/2SC3357.pdf
Reply to
Ross Herbert

/2SC3357.pdf

thank you all for trying to help me. as randy day asked whether it switched on a relay... yes i think the component is about relay. also there is a diode which is three-pin component near the component i have beeen talking about. this diode also was broken and A9 was marked on it but we could find out what kind of it is and then we replaced it with the new one. the transistor is marked only with 'RE'. some says this may not be a transistor but on the board the reference for this component is tr6. tr propably stands for transistor, i think. ross herbert asked if it was surface mount device like phil did. yes it is. thank you for advice, i will now focus on what you say it may be a 2SC3357 thank you all again

Reply to
debeers

"debeers"

( snip asinine drivel )

** Hey IDIOT.

Why don't you do the planet a favour & just drop dead - eh ?

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

It might be Renesas (formerly Hitachi).

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Is there any need for this sort of thing? If you have nothing to say but abuse, why post? If you can't restrain yourself, perhaps you should get your medication adjusted? jack

Reply to
spamfree

"Some anonymous FUCKWIT puked"

** Yep - it's called taking out the rubbish.
** Taking out the rubbish is very important - imbecile.
** Go drop dead -

you moronic, f****ng " net cop " asshole.

........ Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

what the f*ck are you talking about, you mother-fucker? i understand others what they are trying to do but i havent got yet what you meant to do. you, foolish also ignorant f*ck

Reply to
debeers

hey man what the are you talking about?

Reply to
debeers

hey man what the are you talking about?

Reply to
debeers

hey man what the are you talking about?

Reply to
debeers

Just kill file Phyllis. Its her time of the month, as usual.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

How is it taking out the rubbish? The guy asked a question. It was well answered (not by you BTW) (And I noted your ridicule of this non-native English speaker's English.) He then thanked everyone for helping him, and you had to then come in with this abusive, empty post. Have you not the wit to see how useless you can be? jack

Reply to
spamfree

"Some anonymous FUCKWIT puked"

** The OP is a nut case troll - you stupid ASS !!

He is the rubbish !!!!

** Not one about electronics basics.

Nor one that made any sense.

Nor one he was prepared to take good advice on.

** It was EXTREMELY well and CORRECTLY answered

by me - you f****ng, f****it ASSHOLE !!!!!!!!!!!!

** The OP is a f****ng mental retard.

Either he is a damn liar OR he works in a sheltered workshop for retards.

The retards are checking junk PCBs to keep them out of trouble.

That were YOU are posting from too

- CUNT HEAD ??

Reply to
Phil Allison

s=2E

you are just miserable i wont say anything anymore

Reply to
debeers