Help reading fuse on LCD inverter board

Hello,

I am trying to repair my ADVAN AGM15TL/L150ATA 15" lcd monitor. Monitor was manufactured March 1999. The problem is the backlight not turning on as I can barely see the video on the screen. I have since looked at the inverter board and found F1 a surface mount fuse opened.

12 volts feed into this fuse.

I have to use a microscope to read the marks on the fuse. It has an impression mark " FP ". I need help figuring out how to read this fuse and what to replace it with. Maybe someone may know a common value that are used on other brand inverter boards.

TIA, Al

Reply to
alllw

Common value is 2 amps. They do fail for no reason, but also sometimes as a result of bad driver chips or transistors on the board.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

You could start with an amp, if it blows immediately then something else is probably wrong, if it works but then blows after a few minutes try a 1.5 or

2A fuse, I wouldn't go any higher than 2.5A though.
Reply to
James Sweet

Thanks guys for your replies!

I connected my multimeter (amp) across that open fuse and the backlight came to life. It was reading around 1.90 amps so you guys are right on. My next problem would be finding these pico fuses

Reply to
alllw

I'd just solder in a glass fuse if there's room for it, done it before.

Reply to
James Sweet

Agreed, I have too, although SM fuses are not that difficult to obtain. I would suggest a " T " rated fuse, as there can be quite a surge when the lamps strike.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

This is just great, I was lucky and found a 2amp fast-acting fuse. I mounted it with a fuse holder just in case it blows in the future. If it does I'll use a slow-blow type. Works like new!

Thanks for all your suggestions, AL

Reply to
alllw