Cost of a new display panel for my Samsung LED TV?

All: In your opinion, what would it cost me to repair my Samsung 40" LED TV -- UN40B6000? It looks as if I need a new display panel installed.

Keith

Reply to
Keith

Buy another set. The panels cost more to replace than the entire set does new... :-/

Reply to
Brenda Ann

How did you come to this conclusion? What is the problem with the TV? Please describe the problems with the tv. Maybe someone here can help you without replacing the panel.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

UN40B6000? It looks as if I need

If the display is dim, the problem is probably the backlight, not the panel itself. If you can find the backlight tube and/or power supply to purchase, it's not impossible to replace. However, it's not a first-time electronics repair project - more along the lines of rebuilding a 4 barrel carburetor in the days before nearly all engines had fuel injection.

John

Reply to
news

Thought LED TVs use LEDs as backlights? And if a few fail...

--
*7up is good for you, signed snow white*

                  To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

UN40B6000? It looks as if I need

Barring physical damage to the LCD panel itself (ie, hit by Wii controller) it should be unnecessary to replace the panel. What you have described in one of your replies sounds like a bad T-conn board.

PlainBill

Reply to
PlainBill47