The best distro for my SBC.

Hello,

I have got one of ICOP`s SBC

with

386SX-like processor and 16MB DOM. I`m looking for an embedded Linux distribution which would best suit my needs. I need to build device which reads data from RS232 port, can write some data on disc, has FTP server (HTTP server would be usefull too). I`m looking for a distribution I won`t have to make so many changes, to work properly with my hardware. Simplicity of installation is important too. The distribution should be for free. Real-time OS is not demanded. I have read some information about ETLinux, and it seems to be interesting. Do you have any suggestion which embedded Linux distribution would be best for me?

Thanks for your answers, Trix.

Reply to
Trix

Den Wed, 28 Jan 2004 14:07:07 +0100, skrev Trix:

Take a tour around icop homepage follow som links and you end here.

I haven't try it myself. But when Icop link to it then they probely have try it. I have downloadet it to my self, i got a icop vortex86-6071 and when i got the time i will try. Please if you try it give some feedback

/Peter Andersen /Denmark

Reply to
Peter Andersen

Probably, I have DOC, not DOM.

Trix.

Reply to
Trix

Thanks for your answer. I`ll try xLinux. I know about this distribution because of link at ICOP`s web page, but I haven`t tried it yet. At the moment, xLinux seems to be more uptodate than ETLinux, because of newer kernel.

Trix.

Reply to
Trix

One more question: What distribution are you using with your icop, at the moment?

Trix.

Reply to
Trix

Den Wed, 28 Jan 2004 16:33:25 +0100, skrev Trix:

Sorry to say but it was delivery with a WinCE. _Don't say it to anybody_ So when i got the time i install xlinux or a slackware on it.

/Peter Andersen /Denmark

Reply to
Peter Andersen

Maybe you could create your own distribution using e.g. ELinOS.

-Michael

Reply to
Michael Schnell

I really like