The best distro for my SBC.

Hello,

I have got one of ICOP`s SBC
(http://www.icop.com.tw ) with
386SX-like processor and 16MB DOM.
I`m looking for an embedded Linux distribution
which would best suit my needs.
I need to build device which reads data from
RS232 port, can write some data on disc,
has FTP server (HTTP server would be
usefull too). I`m looking for a distribution
I won`t have to make so many changes, to
work properly with my hardware.
Simplicity of installation is important too.
The distribution should be for free.
Real-time OS is not demanded.
I have read some information about ETLinux, and
it seems to be interesting. Do you have any
suggestion which embedded Linux distribution
would be best for me?

Thanks for your answers,
Trix.

Re: The best distro for my SBC.

Take a tour around icop homepage follow som links and you end here.
http://www.dmp.com.tw/tech/xlinux/ I haven't try it myself. But when Icop
link to it then they probely have try it. I have downloadet it to my self,
i got a icop vortex86-6071 and when i got the time i will try.
Please if you try it give some feedback

/Peter Andersen
/Denmark

Re: The best distro for my SBC.

Thanks for your answer. I`ll try xLinux.
I know about this distribution because of
link at ICOP`s web page, but I haven`t
tried it yet. At the moment, xLinux seems to
be more uptodate than ETLinux, because of
newer kernel.

Trix.

Re: The best distro for my SBC.

One more question: What distribution are you using with your icop,
at the moment?

Trix.

Re: The best distro for my SBC.

Sorry to say but it was delivery with a WinCE.
_Don't say it to anybody_
So when i got the time i install xlinux or a slackware on it.

/Peter Andersen
/Denmark

Re: The best distro for my SBC.
Probably, I have DOC, not DOM.

Trix.

Re: The best distro for my SBC.
Maybe you could create your own distribution using e.g. ELinOS.

-Michael

Re: The best distro for my SBC.

I really like http://ptxdist.sf.net
- Dan