Embedded linux with best developer tools?

I am starting a new project involving multiple PC boards, image processing, and servo controllers. The processors will communicate via Eithernet or CAN. Which embedded linux distribution offers the best development toolkits? I have been looking at the MontaVista package. If I want the best quality (solid, good toolkits and docs, driver support) Linux OS for a critical application, which would I choose?

Thanks

Reply to
DD

You probably can't go far wrong with MontaVista.

However, if all you need is development tools, the free ones aren't too bad, especially if you're targeting mainstream PC hardware.

If this is your first introduction to embedded Linux, go ahead and use Montavista. Once you've got some experience under your belt, try the free tools.

- Dan

Reply to
Dan Kegel

Is there somewhere a good comparison between the different development tools?

Chris

Reply to
Chris

If you know how to configure a linux-system you may want to try SnapGear.

Its free of charge.

I like it.

mfG. Klaus Hachmeister

AIM : khachmeister ICQ# 311634044