Help Required to port MPEG Decoder,TCP/IP Stack, with UC/ Linux 2.0.38 onto an ARM Board

Hi All,

  Sorry guys,I am sorry to say that I dont know the specs of the
project
properly cos' I will go to the clients place only tommorrow.
The specs Once Again:
(This is what I have been given by word of mouth)
Hardware:
1)ARM7TDMI with 3 megs on board
2)Ethernet Connectinivity

System:
1)UCLinux 2.0.38
2)TCP/IP stack ,An MPEG decoder program

Any constructive suggestions welcome
Thanks,
George.

To all of you who feel I am incapable in doing This stuff..well I hope
u r good at what u do and Hope u came with the knowledge to do that
stuff(whatever stuff u do) built into u when u were born..so well-u
are super brains and I am sorry to say That i am a mere mortal and
That I wud like to do something on Linux.

  Any one who can give me a constructive suggestion..allways
welcome..The ppl who feel I shud run from this proj..Well I shall let
u know when I am done with it(the proj).

Re: Help Required to port MPEG Decoder,TCP/IP Stack, with UC/ Linux 2.0.38 onto an ARM Board

Ethernet, the IP stack etc. should be in place in any (µC)Linux.

If the processor is fast enough to decode and show MPEG depends on
several issues that are not easily investigated.

-Michael

Re: Help Required to port MPEG Decoder,TCP/IP Stack, with UC/ Linux 2.0.38 onto an ARM Board
What's the resolution your targeting for MPEG decode?  Also, which MPEG
standard?  MPEG-1, MPEG-4?  Are you sure the ARM7 device you're using has
the performance necessary to pull it off?