Linux 2.6 - Bestcomm - MPC5200B - External module

I'm writing a driver for a TI codec attached to the MPC5200B PSC3 codec
lines on a Lite5200b.  It's an external module, and I'd like to use
Bestcomm with it.  I've already tried a bunch of horrible things to get
it to work.  I could say it's close, but by close I mean the FEC still
runs, my stuff doesn't.

1. Can the Bestcomm I/F be used by an external module, or is the module
required to be built in if built-in drivers use Bestcomm?  TasksInitAPI
(no so bad) and TasksLoadImage (yeah, bad) aren't really supposed to be
called more than once from what I've read, and the kernel loads them
for ethernet and ATA (no disk in my system if that matters).

2. If it can be used by an external module, how would I do it?  I've
tried compiling the source into my module and replicating the
initialization the kernel does in addition to my own stuff.  It's not
too bad, though I don't get any interrupts yet.

The LTIB from Freescale includes AIC23 and AC97 drivers that use
Bestcomm.  I built my kernel with them set as modules, and they had the
same unresolved problems that my driver has on insmod, so I'm
pessimistic.  If someone could put me out of my misery one way or
another, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.
Sal

Re: Linux 2.6 - Bestcomm - MPC5200B - External module
I'm wondering now if this isn't just an export problem.  I've seen most
of the functions I want in /proc/kallsyms, I just need to be able to
call them from my insmod'd driver.  I tried adding some
EXPORT_SYMBOL(TaskBDReset) type statements to the bestcomm code that
gets compiled into the kernel, but my loadable module still comes up
with unresolved symbols.

I've done a lot of 2.4, this is my first 2.6 work.  I read what I could
this weekend on the differences, but I'm still not quite getting it.
How would I export the bestcomm API functions so that my external,
loadable module can access them?  Any advice would be apprecitated.

Thanks.