Digilent USB module linux

Hello,

I try to communicate with a Digilent S3- Board via USB-Module 2 using linux (libusb). Has anybody successfully transmitted or received data this way (the win32 way works) ? best regards Andreas

Reply to
Andreas Gauckler

Are you saying that you figured out to use libusb with the standard firmware that comes with the USB2 module from digilent?

[...]

Are you trying to use the firmware that comes with the board or do you want to use a new firmware?

I had been in a discussion about that on the opencores mailing list about a year ago:

After that I found usbp, a python extension to libusb and tried to use it:

However, the extension only had been done for windows and I did not look into getting it to go under Linux, so my interest died off and I am still at the same point as last year.

What I learned is that usbp has an own firmware for the Cypress USB chip that also seems to run on the digilent usb2 board, allowing it to run faster than with the original firmware.

Cheers,

Guenter

Reply to
Guenter Dannoritzer