ixp465 + linux 2.6 network performance

Hi,

I have compiled a 2.6.12 kernel big endian (with arm patches, but without accesslibrary) for an ixp465 processor.

I wrote a tcp-client in order to perform a network performance test (using intel pro100+ pci network card, driver was compiled as part of the kernel). I got 30% network utilization (that is 30Mbits/sec).

The same client compiled for intelx86 (little endian 2.6 kernel - fedora core 4) executed on a pentium 4 and succeed in sending

99Mbits/sec.

I tried disabling nagle, and changed the buffers size so they fit my sendings but nothing helped.

I know that the CPU is meant for networking so it should give a better performance (even though I'm not using the npe network devices)

any suggestions? Eran

Reply to
eransha