Advice on building a crosscompiler for the SH3/4

Hello! It seems I am having a problem for preparing a crosscompiler for the SH3/4. Essentially this is the one that the Dreamcast uses. I attempted to use Mr. Kegel's cross-tool except partway through extracting it-- tar then made some idiotic complaint regarding the patches directory and then quit. And yes I did this under a user other then root. It seemed to think that the name of it was changed halfway through extraction.

Even though Mr. Kegel's excellent method is indeed appropriate for this, I'd like to try an alternate solution. I think there are reasonably complete toolchains available via the LinuxDC crowd, but I thought I'd ask here first.

-- Gregg drwho8 atsign att dot net

Reply to
The Eighth Doctor