Impact with Linux Kernel 2.6.x

Hein Roehrig wrote a detailed description on how to run Impact with parallel cable on a linux kernel of the 2.6 series.

I can be found on our server:

I also asked philip freidin to upload it to

I Hope this helps,

Kolja Sulimma

Reply to
Kolja Sulimma

Dear Kolja, the compilation of the kernel module windrv6.ko under kernel 2.6.x using the distribution SuSE 9.2 fails. Here are my steps to get it work:

a) download evaluation version of Windriver.tgz from

extract to /WinDriver

b) install kernel-sources, cd /usr/src/linux ; make cloneconfig; make prepare

c) cd /WinDriver/redist

d) ./configure

e) edit makefile

-change KERNEL_DIR: KERNEL_DIR = /usr/src/linux/ -modify CFLAGS: i) delete all -I flags ii) add -I/usr/src/linux/include iii) add -I/usr/src/linux/include/asm-i386/mach-default/

f) make

Maybe you should add this to the description of Hein Roehrig. I have reopened the xilinx case 549715, too.

Joerg

Reply to
Joerg Ritter

Thanks, I updated

-Hein

Reply to
Hein Roehrig

fine, but now I get an error on that web site

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) in /var/www/fpga.de/tiki/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 318

Unable to login to the MySQL database 'fpgatiki' on 'localhost' as user 'fpgatiki' Go here to begin the installation process, if you haven't done so already. Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

Joerg

Reply to
Joerg Ritter

Fixed, sorry.

-Hein

Reply to
Hein Roehrig

This has been added to the FAQ. Thanks to both of you.

Philip

=================== Philip Freidin snipped-for-privacy@fpga-faq.com Host for

Philip Freidin