Home Gateway - Which Enbedded Linux?

I want to build a basic home gateway using some sort of small Linux.

My platform:

- AMD K62-400 - 64 MB RAM - 32 MB DOM - 2 Realtek 8039 NICs

Goals: - Basic Gateway (NAT) - DHCP server - Pass IPSec traffic - DynDNS support - SSH Support (inside & out) - Use Kernel 2.4 - All console output redirected to the serial port.

I have read some docs and looked at a handful of distros today. I have not found a nice package that is relatively well documented and does what I want easily.

Any and all suggestions appreciated.

Thanks!

Reply to
Don Brisson

[ Snip, intel compatiable hardware, basic SOHO router stuff. ]

Try RouterLinux, works nice here:

If you go with above distro, read this post:

Only thing i had to edit (exept for getting serial-console support) was:

-Menno.
Reply to
Menno Duursma

Hello Don, two years ago I used the fli4l distro as DSL router. It was easy to configure and was rock stable. There are very many packages available, the things you want to do should work instantly.

Compact flash as boot device is supported. Just look at

(english version available).

Tankred.

Reply to
Tankred Müller