hard disk not found

I work on an arcom elan pc 104 with the kernel 2.2.17 (arcom
distribution).
I connect a Hard Disk (master on 2nd IDE)  on the PC 104 but the
kernel not found
the HD (I power on the HD before power on the pc 104)
the kernel say :
"ide2: ports already in use, skipping probe"
Who can help me??
(I try several HDs)

Re: hard disk not found

maybe I ;o)

I had the same problem but in an other environment...
are there any daemons that could "use" the HD?

-- MMilitsch

Re: hard disk not found

Look into your BIOS setup: Is the second ide port enabled?

JB
--
Juergen Beisert         snipped-for-privacy@eurodsn.de

Re: hard disk not found

my BIOS is strange, and i thinck no , the BIOS say:
1st boot: floppy
2nd boot:hard disk    (a flash memory here buut it works)
3th boot:none          <- here is the problem

Re: hard disk not found
kernel command line: hdc=flash ?

Re: hard disk not found

why not?