Gateway M305

Okay, this is my first backlight repair. From reading advice to given others, it would seem a walk in the park, but was/is more difficult and expensive than I anticipated.

[Symptom: graphics dimly visible on screen in strong light, no back lighting]

I got the screen apart, with somewhat more trouble than expected, peeled the backlight and brass bezel off the bottom of the lcd sandwich and....

Now what?

I managed to 'Best Offer' an inverter off eBay last evening when I first wrote this (My ng provider had an outage which occurred just as I posted. I only found out this afternoon that it didn't go through).

Should I also install a new bulb? What are the chances the inverter alone is going to fix my problem? The display appeared normal, then it just didn't come on. I measured 16 volts on two of the four pins on the inverter input.

jak

Reply to
jakdedert