Which embedded Linux to choose?

We plan to start a new project "Network attached storage file server" and we plan to use IBM 405 PPC processor and the embedded Linux for the project. Just wondring who has any good or bad opinion and experiences which embedded Linux Vendors to choose?

Thanks

Reply to
rob

We had good luck with Montavista Linux (from

It's a bit pricy, but they do a LOT of work supporting embedded linux and gcc, so they have good people. However, depending on the level of Linux expertise at your company, you might also be able to do well with the free ELDK from
or even the roll-your-own ptxdist from
together with u-boot from

- Dan

Reply to
Dan Kegel

Hi.We have the same situtation right here . We dont any experience o Linux systems and we dont want to pay high prices. After my research o the net I saw that it's possible to use any Linux with 2.6 Kerne installed will function as an rtos? Is that true?

tguclu