ZigBee gateway

Hi all,

I am trying to collect data using a ZigBee network. This data is to be analyzed and exhibited by an application running on a computer. Some packets are sent quite often so that I need ZigBee to Wi-Fi gateways to send the data to the application (it is not possible to propagate the packets through out the ZigBee network until it reaches a single coordinator because many packets would be lost).

I need a suggestion on which gateway to use (Digi offers gateways but I was unable to download the catalog) or how to build one (I would use one of the ZigBee modules to receive ZigBee packets but I am not sure how to implement the Wi-Fi functionality).

I would be glad to hear your suggestions.

Cheers, Helena

Reply to
hlopez

skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@8g2000hse.googlegroups.com...

You could try out the Atmel "Raven" kit. This has an USBZigbee dongle and two clients. No need for the ZigBeeWifi since you can plug in the USB dongle into your PC.

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson

Have you considered using a ZigBee USB dongle attached to a cheap PC as your WiFi gateway? For $275 you can buy the low-end Asus EEE Surf

2G mini-notebook with WiFi built in. Add the ZigBee dongle, and you're more or less done.
Reply to
larwe