Which embedded linux OS is free?

I am looking for some free embedded linux OS, I need some file system and should support Mot PowerPC and ARM processors. If it costs couple of hunderd dollars, it is OK. Can somebody suggest me.

Reply to
vasanta

Our ELDK is free if downloaded (assuming LEO comes back online again), or costs 99 Euro on CDROM.

See

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88   Web: www.denx.de
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Wolfgang Denk

This looks interesting. Are you looking for folks to port ELDK to other boards?

Is it base on a 2.4 or 2.6 kernel?

James

Reply to
James

OK, we got mirrors now:

ftp://mirror.switch.ch/mirror/eldk/ ftp://ftp.sunet.se/pub/Linux/distributions/eldk/

The ELDK is a toolchain, i. e. it is basicly independend of a specific board.

It's based on 2.4 kernel, but as mentioned before: it does not really depend on a specific kernel version or BSP or something like that. You can use the kernel trees that are included, but you can as well use any other source tree.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd@denx.de