Attaching LCD to Motorola Coldfire 5282/uCLinux

Hello!

Is there anyone out there with experience in this case? I searched the
web with google, but found nothing detailed.

In the uCLinux kernel configuration are some options concerning the
T6963 controller (toshiba, I think). This is a graphical controller used
in many LCDs, but I don´t know how to connect this device to the
processor, and if graphical output is possible.

There are also some drivers in driver/video that look like lcd drivers
(e.g. epson1356fb.c), but there is no information how to use these as well.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance,
Tankred.

Re: Attaching LCD to Motorola Coldfire 5282/uCLinux
Try this site: http://www.microsyl.com/ and click on the "Graph LCD LIb".
Although not written for uClinux, I had it running on a COldfire and uClinux
without modification.

well.

Re: Attaching LCD to Motorola Coldfire 5282/uCLinux
Hello Steve!

Are you sure about that? The code seems to be very close to the hardware
used in the described project, and it uses an ATMega128.

Did you mean this link?
http://www.microsyl.com/graphlcd/graphlcd.html

I´m sorry, but I don´t understand how this code (whis should be only for
demonstration -> header) could work under uCLinux. Please, show me that
I am wrong...

Tankred.

Re: Attaching LCD to Motorola Coldfire 5282/uCLinux
Absolutely.  I hooked up the lcd module to different I/O pins of course and
changed the I/O port addresses but oother than that it runs pretty much as
is. In fact, it is running right here on my desk right now on an Arcturus
Coldfire development board.

I will email you the modified source.

Steve

LIb".
uClinux

Re: Attaching LCD to Motorola Coldfire 5282/uCLinux
I?m sorry,
I misunderstood you in this case.

Thank you for the code. I?ll try it when I?m ready with the rest of the
project (there is a lot of cad work to do).

Why don?t you publish your driver in some kind of HowTo? There is not much
information concerning lcds on Coldfires in the web.

Thank you for your help,
Tankred.

---
Please remove ?_nospam? from the adress...

Re: Attaching LCD to Motorola Coldfire 5282/uCLinux
At the moment, it is an application that demonstrates the use of a graphic
LCD rather than a driver. When I make it into a driver, I'll certainly make
it available.

hardware
for
the