OT: Al Franken

So the pyramids predate civilization? Interesting point of view. And civilization != society, look them up.

Tim

--
Love is a travelator.
Reply to

John you're going off in a tangent dude. Getting back to the brave vs coward, in the tribal organization you brought up the braves would be cooking the cowards for dinner. Now in our present society these braves would be sent to prison for life...In other word its todays social structure that lets coward survival not the primitive civilization of long ago.

Remove "HeadFromButt", before replying by email.

Reply to
maxfoo

Cannibalism is very rare, almost unheard of, within species. Ever rarer among families.

Only if they're stupid, too. Cops, firemen, soldiers, sports heroes get medals. Just *looking* brave, like that twerp Sylvester Stallone, can make you rich.

Tribes specialized into warriors, workers, farmers, wives. The warriors protected the rest of the tribe, were honored for it, and got first pick of the food and the women. But the guy who made arrows had an important place, too.

It's not all that different now.

John

The biggest problem with Franken isn't his being a truly hyper liberal (which he really is), but that he is MUCH MORE BITTER than even the most vehement mainstream conservative. Too often, the hate speech from the left is a bigger turnoff than their USUALLY insane ideas. (Some good stuff can come from the left, but it is often distorted by their emotional immaturity.)

John

Reply to
John S. Dyson

Except that now your job isn't based on your abilities, it's based on some moronic lefty deciding that everyone should be able to do every job and if you didn't want to make arrows then you didn't have to, you can wear your underpants on the outside if you want.

Reply to
Mjolinor

It is also worth noting that if the tribe had one good arrow maker, their chances of collective survival were increased if he or she was not foolhardy.

Brave warriors are much less effetive if their arrows don't fly straight.

------ Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

---------------------- Tribes didn't specialize so distinctly, there were craftsmen, but they took it up with age and experience, and it was less formal.

You're speaking of neolithic and bronze-age groups of about 500 or so, the early first millenium "towns" and these were after the bandit-lords and their bands of vicious criminals conquered tribal peoples and enslaved them.

----------------------------- The "Lefty" you THINK you mean was the Lord of the Barony, and he made you do what you did well, and you didn't GET to choose.

The REAL "Lefties" were the guys who finally saved you from the Divine Right of Kings and the Nobility. And the Lefties are now trying to save you from their Inheritors, the Capitalist Feudal Lords, but the Lords own the media, and all you get to hear is their Rightist Rich Bigot-Radio. Steve

Reply to
R. Steve Walz

Um, how do you know that?

John

-------------- I was there. Steve

Reply to
R. Steve Walz

Sometimes I get the feeling you still are.

Have a good weekend!

John

----------------- Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer.

------------- You too.

-Steve

--
-Steve Walz  rstevew@armory.com   ftp://ftp.armory.com/pub/user/rstevew
Electronics Site!! 1000's of Files and Dirs!!  With Schematics Galore!!

Nice shootin, Jim...

John

It is pretty bad when they don't even have the ethics and honor to pay their bills and follow through with a business deal.

Given their apparent funding (maybe that was a lie also?), it seems like the only excuse otherwise (other than lack of ethics) is simple and complete incompetency. Given the mouthpieces (like Al) and associated leadership (like the other Al), it would be prudent and kindest to assume incompetency.

However, given the leftist rhetoric (not necessarily some of their ideals), perhaps dishonesty and lack of ethics is really the answer? I don't know which of the kinds of inadequacy that accurately describes the leftist advocacy, but there is something really wrong in Air America's lala land. (Air America is really sort of the right name, where crooks are carried into a crash landing.)

John

Reply to
John S. Dyson

------------- You're lame and desperate, John. One station owner bounced one check, and then you somehow derive ten yards of facetious lying from it.

-Steve

--
-Steve Walz  rstevew@armory.com   ftp://ftp.armory.com/pub/user/rstevew
Electronics Site!! 1000's of Files and Dirs!!  With Schematics Galore!!
http://www.armory.com/~rstevew or http://www.armory.com/~rstevew/Public
Reply to
R. Steve Walz

More accurately, the payment by Air America for airtime bounced, and that obviously results from incompetency (and/or a lack of funding.) Kind of lame and desperate that they are funded like an infomercial, isn't it... It is even more lame that their payment for their airtime took them off of the #2 and #3 markets.

My comments are mostly speculation for their screwups, but the reasoning for the screwups are plausibly their incompetency, a lack of respect for the station owners, or maybe even dishonesty about their own viability.

There isn't any misinformation from me, however make sure that you clarify the fact that Air America is apparently having to pay for airtime (thereby taking away time from ethnic broadcasts.) Generally, people like Limbaugh and Hannity don't seem to have to pay for their airtime. I wonder if even the demi-witch Dr Laura pays for airtime? I'd guess that the 700 Club is a infomercial type scheme, but might be wrong.

This really makes Air America seem much more like a Democrat infomercial rather than a truly desirable network of radio shows (I guess, sort of like the 700 Club.)

John

Reply to
John S. Dyson

Fun! I like the part about the crowbar.

John

It's the Democrat way ;-)

...Jim Thompson

I caught the broadcasts several times in the last couple weeks. The other day, they had John Stewart on, it was a rather funny show. And it was nice to hear Walter Cronkite visit yesterday. A couple other shows were pretty entertaining, too, though I didn't pick up the names of the hosts.

I wasn't expecting much, along the lines of Hannity, Limbaugh, etc. But it was a nice contrast to those. And more funny. The only comparable media outlet to AirAmerica I'm aware of is Pacifica radio, which I find rather humorless and unlistenable.

Reply to
papercut

--------------------------- One station. Grow up. You're equivocating. Steve

Reply to
R. Steve Walz

There is ABSOLUTELY no equivocation. Bottom line: Air America screwed up, and obviously had an incompetently managed and executed deal. It really does look like a goofy situation, but that is to be expected from the Air America intellectually incompetent fools espousing childish junior high (or grade school) caliber humor..

As appropriate, I haven't backed off anything that I have claimed, but it does appear that your inability to understand very much fits in very well with your political (and obviously general) personal incompetency.

Given the fact that Air America has to pay for their Airtime, they are little more than pure informercial. Ron Popiel and Al Franken obviously both sell low end junk: in Al's case, he is selling the Democrat party :-).

If you are leftist, then the higher quality candidate would be Nader. If you are centrist/non-radical-leftist, then the only choice (for president) is unfortunately Bush. Too bad the Dems keep on trying to sell the 'junk products' to us.

There is absolutely NO equivocation, and simply stating accurate facts. Remember: alot of people like junk products, but I don't tolerate junk (like the Dems.)

John

Reply to
John S. Dyson